Refina stx410

Members online

No members online now.
:tonto:Fecking doing my nut in thought machine would be a lot quicker than hand application...
Oh well ebay comes to mind

Yeah waters ok on it was hoping that machine would leave me standing but I covered more by hand than my mate n lab on machine.
He was getting a lot off over spray and just seemed to much air going through it imo

:tonto:Fecking doing my nut in thought machine would be a lot quicker than hand application...
Oh well ebay comes to mind

Ian Jones who is a plasterer and sells machine doesn't spray skim so for me that's enough to make a decision.
Ask plasterman he's sprayed loads of skim[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Jones who is a plasterer and sells machine doesn't spray skim so for me that's enough to make a decision.
Ask plasterman he's sprayed loads of skim[emoji23]

On a serious note can you remember a dude on your machine group a few months ago he said he sprayed thistle spray all the time ? I can't remember where he was from but remember the post , he was using a ritmo and you and a few others started saying it was waste of time then when he explained what he does you came round and ended up saying you'd give it a go

On a serious note can you remember a dude on your machine group a few months ago he said he sprayed thistle spray all the time ? I can't remember where he was from but remember the post , he was using a ritmo and you and a few others started saying it was waste of time then when he explained what he does you came round and ended up saying you'd give it a go
Thought you said you had finally stopped using a trowel?

f**k me I have no idea
If I had the kit I'd try it on huge area's but I'd use the knauf gear

f**k me I have no idea
If I had the kit I'd try it on huge area's but I'd use the knauf gear

Mate I wasn't having a go just couldn't remember who he was, tbh I'd forget until you just said that and it jolted my memory, don't matter

If water goes through fast enough it shows that wetter gear will pump faster. U need to find a happy medium. The mess never gets any better. Plaster is very fine and it creates a mist that can only go south. Maybe less air will help with that.
Hope it works out for you, be great for a forum member to crack a good economical system. I be honest i just gave up after trying it. but that's not to say i couldn't be proved wrong

If water goes through fast enough it shows that wetter gear will pump faster. U need to find a happy medium. The mess never gets any better. Plaster is very fine and it creates a mist that can only go south. Maybe less air will help with that.
Hope it works out for you, be great for a forum member to crack a good economical system. I be honest i just gave up after trying it. but that's not to say i couldn't be proved wrong
Thanks pft like you say its just getting it right and practice..
Want to master the sparying of skim then move up to a ritmo once used to spraying as ritmo a big out lay if don't like it
Thanks

I think you will need to spray ceilings with a quicker machine, it's bad enough as it is and I reckon you'll add to the mess with the gun dripping as its slow.

It must make a right mess spraying the walls up to the ceiling which was skimming prior?
@clemo?

Thanks pft like you say its just getting it right and practice..
Want to master the sparying of skim then move up to a ritmo once used to spraying as ritmo a big out lay if don't like it
Thanks
Spraying skim is not the best example of machine plastering. If you browse you will find many have tried to spray skim before deciding its not for them, but you will also find a much greater number of people who have bought Ritmos and never looked back.
The Ritmo is a 230v mixing pump you just plug straight in and get going ( once you are confident) The more gear you are using the more beneficial and even essential it becomes.
If you are going down the route of machine plastering then you will be changing the type of jobs you do slowly over time, you will not be so interested in over boarding and skimming, or making good a few walls , traditional render etc etc you will be looking for jobs you can exploit the machine. I.e Mrs Jones wants her garden walls plastered, you will be enthusiastically promoting a finish that you know goes through your machine. Most customers go by the expert advice or the better quality option and before you know it the machine is being used as often as your old mixer was.