Renderers - £19ph

Members online

lads it obviously an agency and we all know what a load of s**t they are so stop bitching about it..we all know if all these agencies f**k*d off the World would be a much better place to live in ;)

Plus free concubine thrown in??
upload_2017-5-6_11-32-57.jpeg
Dhoooo.........sorry Marshy misread your post again:rayos:

lads it obviously an agency and we all know what a load of s**t they are so stop bitching about it..we all know if all these agencies f**k*d off the World would be a much better place to live in ;)
My brother was a digger driver with a agency for years, they had him moved from job to job every couple of months. He was on one site and got on great with everyone so they called up the agency to see about taking him on full time. The agency says that's fine but you need to pay us a finders fee, can't remember the amount but a few grand anyway. They wouldn't pay it so had to let him go.

My brother was a digger driver with a agency for years, they had him moved from job to job every couple of months. He was on one site and got on great with everyone so they called up the agency to see about taking him on full time. The agency says that's fine but you need to pay us a finders fee, can't remember the amount but a few grand anyway. They wouldn't pay it so had to let him go.

They are a business and they neeed to make money like everybody else... if there was no need for agencies then there would not be any agencies

They are a business and they neeed to make money like everybody else... if there was no need for agencies then there would not be any agencies
There's no need for agencies in reality, as if they wouldn't be around, punters would be able to go straight to the main contractor to sub, then 6 months later they either let them go or put them on the books. That would mean better money I reckon, as half soaked up by the agency

Well said about the agencies m8..
In my eyes they take the complete piss..
Take them out of the picture then every single one of us earn more money and get better terms and conditions..
I'm sure most of us has families to provide for and definitely gives the young up and coming spreads a better future so soz mr TPF owner I'm sure you are a lovely bloke but I think you will find most of the lads on here would agree ;)

How do I start up one
I know a lad who set one up a year ago in London and is doing very well, massive turn over, over a million first year but the profit is no where near but looking good for him. Lad round where I live has a recruitment company and he has his own helicopter, so mad money in it.

Agencies survive and thrive because of the internet. Society at large is getting more used to " clicking" to get what we want, from shopping to info, news,music blah blah........the "millennial s " as they become the mainstay of the workforce, will only make more use of them, because they know no other way. This is the future.....just as map reading has declined because of sat nav, so jobsearching has changed. No longer do we scour the classified ads in the papers, we join a recruitment agency, and let them do the work.

I know a lad who set one up a year ago in London and is doing very well, massive turn over, over a million first year but the profit is no where near but looking good for him. Lad round where I live has a recruitment company and he has his own helicopter, so mad money in it.

the owner of Colchester united, a chap from Jaywick, he own a recruitment company, Jobserve. now a multi millionaire.

Yep I can well imagine m8..i don't know many spreads that are millionaires!
Fair play to anyone that can do that but still think they are gradually squeezing the life out of the trade

There's no need for agencies in reality, as if they wouldn't be around, punters would be able to go straight to the main contractor to sub, then 6 months later they either let them go or put them on the books. That would mean better money I reckon, as half soaked up by the agency

SO why dont the companies that use agencies call plasterers directly?

They will defo take an hour off for lunch then they will say we need 10er to pay the money into your account then you will ha e to have there public liability at about a 5er I've never worked for an agency but all I've ever heard is horror stories why should you have to pay to get your own money,an agency never pays as well it's always a payroll company that pays the person crazy set up I've heard of some chasing for the extra hours they have put in and then some have never got it,I know they ain't all the same but I can only go on what I hear

This is a reply direct to you Danny ...how can you honestly play ball on the same team as the agencies when nearly all the lads on the forum are agreeing that agencies are killing our trade and of course other trades..
I'm guessing that you get up every day and put a full shift in??
These agencies are also trying to have done with CIS now which means you lose a load of cash through an umbrella company if you can not see the point that I'm trying to make then you must be living on a totally different planet to every other member on this site m8

Agencies are a hub for builders, firms whoever to call them when they need someone.
It's a one stop shop for trades simple.
The trades people on for the agencies sign up as they can't find work themselves.
It's that simple.

Agencies are booming because we've became a lazy nation and expect everything done for us without putting the graft in.

That's how I see it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they would have to sort their insurance, police check, bank details, holiday pay, workers rights,hours and so on, it's easier to treat people like dirt this way. They have messed up a lot, most jobs are advertised by agencies hopefully corbyn will ban these coz he is banning zero hour contracts.

Down to
Down to employment law, like it or not after 6 months you have to put them on paye, hence these agencies flourish because building firms don't want the responsibility and the outlay. I don't get it how can you not get it

Lol you are lucky to get 3 weeks out of an agency let alone 6 months!;)
They have usually shafted and f**k*d you over by then so definitely no worries about being taken on..;)

Down to

Down to employment law, like it or not after 6 months you have to put them on paye, hence these agencies flourish because building firms don't want the responsibility and the outlay. I don't get it how can you not get it

so its the building firms fault agencies exist...

so its the building firms fault agencies exist...
I never said that, it's the employment law, which lets them have labour through an umbrella company, so they save on holiday and sick pay, pension etc. It's not their fault, it's down to using loopholes. If they would do away with agencies then there would be more employed trades directly, would clean up the rouges too I reckon

Sounds like zolco knows his stuff??
All the agencies do is make the phone call get men on site then sit back and coin it in..You normally get a little boy who still lives at home with mummy phoning you up who knows f**k all about plastering anyway so how can that be any good for us?
It's a sad world we live in but I guess there is f**k all anyone can do to change it.