rendering after damp proofing.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJplastering

gott another question to pick your brains now im working on a whole 2 bed house reskim and there is a wall in the utility cuboard that has about 3 foot of rising dam. i did not include this in my price but the customer has had a damp proof guy to come and look. the customer is now gonna take all the old plaster off then then the damp guy is gonna do his thing now the customer wants me to quote to re- render and set the wall. i know i have to sand and cement but what mix??? i was thinkin maybe a 6:1 mix with waterproofer. is this right??? also i was gonna two coat render then two coat skim it. any ideas or tips would be cool

cheers guys

Do a search on previous posts, there's loads of info about damp proofing.

Basic rule of thumb is to get the damp guy to give you a written spec for the re-plastering, and follow his spec to the letter. Then if the damp treatment fails he can't try and blame you.

true why dont they do the render ::)........if youre struggling i'd give it a couple of coats of sbr slurry and two coats of render with plenty of waterproofer 4-1 then 5-1 no lime ........dont take my word for it though the damp proofing section makes my head hurt ;D

KJplastering said:
gott another question to pick your brains now im working on a whole 2 bed house reskim and there is a wall in the utility cuboard that has about 3 foot of rising dam. i did not include this in my price but the customer has had a damp proof guy to come and look. the customer is now gonna take all the old plaster off then then the damp guy is gonna do his thing now the customer wants me to quote to re- render and set the wall. i know i have to sand and cement but what mix??? i was thinkin maybe a 6:1 mix with waterproofer. is this right??? also i was gonna two coat render then two coat skim it. any ideas or tips would be cool

cheers guys

put a vent on the door and it will dry out, rising damp my arse..........lol

i would agree with spunky try a 4/1 mix damp proofer should be supplying waterproofer becuse he is guaranteing it.but ask for spec from damp proofer to make sure

no one will guarantee some one elses work so obviously he is only guaranteeing the injection but if he gets a spec and sticks to it whot should go wrong

ill agree with flynnyman on this one for a change...
chances are if its only in the utility cupboard then it'll be condensation and a vent or two after a good bleaching will solve it...
although flynny does think that the dpc they put in houses is only there to look good like a little black go faster stripe ;)
so no matter what you do with the render and skim, not to mention spending hundreds injecting a small section of wall which just happens to have a failed damp course, no where else in the house??? then the problem will still be there... unless you just vent the cupboard...

jonny said:
no one will guarantee some one elses work so obviously he is only guaranteeing the injection but if he gets a spec and sticks to it whot should go wrong

Mis-diagnosed damp thats what goes wrong, also are you gonna hack off a bit of your render and send it to the lab to prove you followed the spec? i thought not :)

Follow damproofers spec to letter, or you WILL get the blame if it goes tits. Vents are a very good idea.

lord and downing do a tanking render which you can use just like a render and then skim if you want, it can be used in basements below ground or above. ring les lord and tell them simply told you to call. its called mortal i think

now theres me thinking that was just german mortar ....he he ;o)....please dont bite at this paul...it dont suit u too lol oowww

Status
Not open for further replies.