rendering info

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvey2012

i've always steered clear of rendering seems to me theres so many variables that can balls the job up but i'm begining to think i need to get into it. is it something you can get good at when you're only likely to to do it occasionally or should i just carry on concentrating on internal work.

its part of the trade marra so you should be able to do it to a standard. get working with other spreads on external jobs till you feel confident to do your own jobs...start off with small easy jobs, garden walls etc

wish it was that easy the more i see of other plasterers the more i realise how many tossers there are out there i've worked with loads of time served guys only a handful seem to be capable or bothered enough to do the job properly

Well if they can't do the job properly they shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
I enjoy rendering, actually prefer it to skimming tbh (and its good for breaking trowels in).

Yes , you should get into it, its not that difficult, take on a rendering job and bring in someone with experience to help you, you will pick it up in a short while, its like all plastering work, there are things you will only learn on the job, The weather affects you all the time is one. The more you know the more you will be employed..

All this "get someone in to help with experience" baffles me. What happens if one of these lads that haven't a clue price the job, win it and then no none with experience wants to help them?
I know that if someone like that were to ask me for help I'd tell them to take a jump. Am I the only one like that?

all this "get someone in to help with experience" baffles me. What happens if one of these lads that haven't a clue price the job, win it and then no none with experience wants to help them?
I know that if someone like that were to ask me for help i'd tell them to take a jump. Am i the only one like that?

yes

Andy I recently helped a lad out on here with a mono job, it was an awkward gable down a tight alley way on a high steet, three storey Victorian. The lad prepared it with rendaid perfect, we just sprayed and cut back with ritmo about 100m². Well done Ianspreader, seemed to work out well for both of us. But I know what you mean, usually I tell them to kcuf off.

if someone approached you who was a competent internal plasterer and offered to work for nothing on rendering jobs just to gain experience would any of you accept, i'm not a kid any more i don't want to make a fool of myself. if the boot was on the other foot i'd say yes but i'm a big softie

I would like to think that if someone asked for my help and I could help them then I would. I would rather show someone how to do something properly than **** them off and let them make and arse of it.

i once worked with a plasterer who was a college lecturer and his work and advice were ****, it was embarrassing being associated with him i felt really sorry for the customers 28 years in the trade and time served knew how to charge as well, amazing thing was people seem to pay up no prob

Nowt wrong with helping someone out surely? passin on a bit of knowledge , God knows how many plasterers over the years have helped me out and passed on a bit of knowledge with things i had never done. come on Andy its xmas......goodwill to all men an all that.:RpS_biggrin:

So loads on here moan about coursers and chancers and yet you're willing to give your hard earned experience away to your local competition for the price of a days work? **** that.

People who take on a trade and want to improve themselves and earn and feed their families and not chancers, everyone starts somewhere, lots of people need a leg up, I worked with many miserable b******s on site , they never seem to prosper and only look to run people down, Karma my friend not I am alright Jack, you wont always get rewarded but its not always needed either

Iwould be more than happy to help someone i don't see other spreads as competitors
I do give loads of jobs away when I am busy but never seem to get any back,whether people are greedy or they expect I am always busy, but no one is a busy as pre this down turn. It is horrible when work is quiet so I think people should help each other..

sorry

I do give loads of jobs away when I am busy but never seem to get any back,whether people are greedy or they expect I am always busy, but no one is a busy as pre this down turn. It is horrible when work is quiet so I think people should help each other..

I would wish all of my sons were plasterers before they did anything else, it has enriched my life incredibly and I'm extremely proud of what I do, I was always a bright kid but never academic, I was good with my hands and thinking on my feet..... Probs why the majority of plasterers are handy in a scrap lol, although I would want them to always follow their heart and be happy, it would make my life complete for them to follow in my footsteps and with my love and support be better and more knowledgable than I could ever be "BLEADING KNUCKLES AND A POCKET FULL OF CASH" The Siddall family motto.

Last edited:
Have I walked into the wrong thread? Did I open the wrong door.:-0

:RpS_laugh:............crazy carl is on the wrong thread..................:RpS_lol:. ive done that before............:RpS_blushing:

Lol.... honest for a minute I thought it was me that had posted in the wrong thread:RpS_lol: you on the lash Carl?????

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, how do you delete it? just got all emotional and G** about plastering, SUPER G**

no tellin ya.........ya big homo...............:RpS_laugh: Is this where you live carl

http://
Gay_Street_sign_zps2baf281b.jpg

i've always steered clear of rendering seems to me theres so many variables that can balls the job up but i'm begining to think i need to get into it. is it something you can get good at when you're only likely to to do it occasionally or should i just carry on concentrating on internal work.

rendering is where the money is mate, i assume u can plaster (not necessarily to say a plasterer) i.e take something from a hawk and apply it to a wall/ceiling and can use a darby, can fix beads, understand suction, use a level???? if so............. get yourself on the render part of this forum.. read and try to absorb as much info as possible, ive worked with some top class blokes in my years but some of these blokes on here are pure unadulterated ninja, it boggles my mind why some of them arent chemistry teachers.
Another good little trick skills wise which i always teach my apprentices when they start to learn render is only put on your hawk what you can take off in a 1er and get on, it aint the most cohesive of stuff at times, good luck mate it aint all that dangerous and every shot you DONT take will never go in............... A B C ability/bottle/character........ and a little bit of help from these blokes on the forum

if someone approached you who was a competent internal plasterer and offered to work for nothing on rendering jobs just to gain experience would any of you accept, i'm not a kid any more i don't want to make a fool of myself. if the boot was on the other foot i'd say yes but i'm a big softie

without a doubt i would mate and i wouldnt ever have anyone work for nowt i wish someone was that kind to me back in the day

i can't for the life of me understand how anyone can call themselves a plasterer and not be able to scrach/float / skimm/render /screed/tach/wet dash/dry dash,well a few speciality finishes under the belt for render , there are some funny sorts of peeps calling themselves plasterers , when really they are little more than SEMI-SKILLED ............

i can't for the life of me understand how anyone can call themselves a plasterer and not be able to scrach/float / skimm/render /screed/tach/wet dash/dry dash,well a few speciality finishes under the belt for render , there are some funny sorts of peeps calling themselves plasterers , when really they are little more than SEMI-SKILLED .........

for a second there i thought this thread was supposed to be about giving true constructive advice based on your our personal experiences, not about some bitter old spread stamping his feet, haway mate the kid only wants some advice which is what this is meant to be about, we all started somewhere didnt we? im sick to death already with unuseful/out of context comments like that, british plastering is the best in the world, lets keep it that way and support each other!!!!!.....

i can't for the life of me understand how anyone can call themselves a plasterer and not be able to scrach/float / skimm/render /screed/tach/wet dash/dry dash,well a few speciality finishes under the belt for render , there are some funny sorts of peeps calling themselves plasterers , when really they are little more than SEMI-SKILLED ............
and tilers:-0

Status
Not open for further replies.