1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Rendering Required!

Discussion in 'General Rendering Discussions' started by SB91, Jun 15, 2017.

1. SB91

SB91 New Member

Hi,

Due to a last minute cancellation we are looking for a total of 55m2 of rendering to chimneys in Edinburgh.

seeking someone on the books if possible but willing to sub-contract out these works.

if you are interested please contact Stephen on 07875365369.

• Like Like x 2
  2. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

How many chimneys is that?

3. Djr

Djr Active Member

A lot if it's 55m of it ha ha

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

The ones I've ever done are always a pain and never straight forward scaffold normally shite and have to reach down ect to much ag imo

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

On cards day work might not be to bad but I always think it's more grief trying to bead up scratch and top I know they up in air but still gotta look alright last one i done was a house on a hill so was extra high and the scaff ladder was almost at a straight and when the wind come across I needed another pair of pants ain't done one since and don't think I'm likely to either

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Thanks for sharing an interesting project for someone :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SB91

SB91 New Member

Chimney A - 17m2
    Chimney B - 7.5 m2
    Chimney C - 18 m2
    Chimney E – 6.5m2
    Chimney F - 6.5m2

Access is good with a fully boarded scaffold with a hoist etc. The rear of the chimneys are on a large flat roof with plenty of space to move around.

8. GrantyBoy

GrantyBoy Well-Known Member

I'd be interested if I wasn't on a big job for the next 2-3 weeks. What material is to be used?

9. GrantyBoy

They are a f**k**g nightmare. Last one we quoted £800 to dry dash and I was actually upset when he said when can you do it!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Pagey

Pagey Private Member

:birra::risas::risas::risas:

11. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

Granty where you been? Thought you'd have changed your profile pic by now

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. GrantyBoy

Just been busy doing the house up and work not been online that much mate.

Never!!

13. SB91

SB91 New Member

Really need someone in the next week or so, site will also be open weekends.

30m2 - Brick Chimney Spec

Supply and install new smooth render finish to all faces of the chimney head, full height and width; in two coats to a total thickness of no more than 20-25mm, mix designation iii (BS 5262), 1:5 to 6, sulphate resisting Portland cement/sand, final coat to have a smooth finish scratched to stone courses; include working to all perimeters; include stainless steel render beads to all perimeters; include forming bellcast above roof covering upstand); protect existing surrounding/adjacent fabric including roof coverings, dormers, eaves gutters, and upstand detailing; complete

25.5m2 - Stone Chimney Spec

Supply and install new smooth render finish to all faces of the chimney head, full height and width; in 3 coats to a total thickness of no more than 20-25mm, 2 coats Interchromex plugs and mesh final coat Thermocromex; include working to all perimeters; include stainless steel render beads to all perimeters; include forming bellcast above roof covering upstand (protect existing surrounding/adjacent fabric including roof coverings, dormers, eaves gutters, and upstand detailing; complete

• Like Like x 1