Repairing Sand And Cement External Corbelling

chris hollidge

Hi Fellas,
This is only my second post on the site but always find something to chuckle to. I'm repairing damaged areas of sand and cement corbelling which have been poorly patched before in the past. I've advised the customer to angle grind the worst sections out, key with SBR and cement dash, get the chippie to fix a temporary baseboard, then joint rule them back in. Any ideas on the strength of sand and cement/material to use? I'm thinking 3:1 using rapid set 50:50 with OPC.(the same for the driers). Is there a case for adding SBR to the gauge to assist the build up? Look forward to the replies
Cheers, Christophe

Hi Fellas,
This is only my second post on the site but always find something to chuckle to. I'm repairing damaged areas of sand and cement corbelling which have been poorly patched before in the past. I've advised the customer to angle grind the worst sections out, key with SBR and cement dash, get the chippie to fix a temporary baseboard, then joint rule them back in. Any ideas on the strength of sand and cement/material to use? I'm thinking 3:1 using rapid set 50:50 with OPC.(the same for the driers). Is there a case for adding SBR to the gauge to assist the build up? Look forward to the replies
Cheers, Christophe

welcome along :D

Hi Fellas,
Cheers, Christophe
I would Definitely put sbr in the gauge personally, do you need driers if yourvjust filling out ?? Agree you do if your insitu running

thanks for the feedback fellas. you're right about not using the driers as I'd like to keep the gauge on the dry side. How much are you paying for the Roman Render ? I was going to use Toupret Masonry repair filler for the shallower dinks as I always get good results with it.