Replacing sections of plasterboard options

Members online

Dan12

I will be taking off sections of paslterboard due to them being dot and dabbed and now the dabs are bringing patches through the plaster.

When I replace the sections to make the wall level I will not have much depth to play with due to debt width.

What options do I have rather then wood as its a humid area and will fail with time.

I want some stand off from the wall , but metal studs sections available are to thick.

I want to use metal but need the width to be similar to dot and dabs.

Any suggestions?

There was this thing years ago called render or plaster as some used to call it but finding someone who can do it seems to be a struggle :)

I will be taking off sections of paslterboard due to them being dot and dabbed and now the dabs are bringing patches through the plaster.

When I replace the sections to make the wall level I will not have much depth to play with due to debt width.

What options do I have rather then wood as its a humid area and will fail with time.

I want some stand off from the wall , but metal studs sections available are to thick.

Any suggestions?
Ceiling studs in edgings pack out behind if that horrendous or go back to basics as flynnyman is referring .

Any suggestions?
Hi Dan. Could you give a few more details? Why must you use gypframe? Why is the area humid? Why are you looking to replace with board when it's previously failed? Is it a chimney? An outside wall? A bathroom? Maybe some pictures.

Basic......basic.......basic......
A return to "the good old days " is long overdue.......jumpers for goalposts......lol