Ritmo L

Members online

Andy M

Helped a guy out on Friday with setting up his recently bought Ritmo L.
I own a Ritmo M so set up was relatively simple and we were spraying in no time but we had problems when I put the gun down for 5 mins and then started up again, the material was fine and after 1 minute went pissy, filling a third of a Gorilla tub until it came back to the right consistency.
The machine looks like new and the AV3000 pump was running well , with clean filters and brand new mixing shaft ?
Ive advised the guy to go for training with PFT

Parex goo Ian, funnily enough it was one of your machines and it was from Nuneaton.
Absolutely in pretty much unused condition.

S
Parex goo Ian, funnily enough it was one of your machines and it was from Nuneaton.
Absolutely in pretty much unused condition.
Sometimes if I stop and start a couple of times it starts spraying pissy the spraying normal. I let the hopper run low and scrap the render that's stuck to the casing if the mixing chamber and then crack on as normal.
Seems when you keep stopping the water starts stepping up the mixing chamber.

It's the only explanation I have but other more experienced sprayers might have a different theory

Perhaps a little too much water on start up, just enough to cover the rotor head, too much will impede powder flow. Or a sticky water solenoid, it will continue to let water in the mixing chamber slightly therefore pissy render start up and again powder flow obstructed.

you will always get a wet surge of material from start up. when you turn the machine off you get water whats left in the pipe continue to flow in. then when you start back up the solenoid immediately adds more water. so that means the mixed material gets a little bit more water than the rest of it.
i notice it more on parex where i run at 1 bar per meter.
i wouldnt say its a 3rd of a tub though.
you could try running a bit wetter as that allows the material been stood in pipe to move quicker and reduce the amount that gets overdosed with water

you will always get a wet surge of material from start up. when you turn the machine off you get water whats left in the pipe continue to flow in. then when you start back up the solenoid immediately adds more water. so that means the mixed material gets a little bit more water than the rest of it.
i notice it more on parex where i run at 1 bar per meter.
i wouldnt say its a 3rd of a tub though.
you could try running a bit wetter as that allows the material been stood in pipe to move quicker and reduce the amount that gets overdosed with water
We tend to run chalk or G00 a bit wetter because it's course and obviously bit tougher to pump, but it picks up quicker on the wall, watch those amps and pressure gauge, they are there for information. Orangemachineman your world is about to get a lot easier.

We tend to run chalk or G00 a bit wetter because it's course and obviously bit tougher to pump, but it picks up quicker on the wall, watch those amps and pressure gauge, they are there for information. Orangemachineman your world is about to get a lot easier.

Ha ha I hope so!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes i agree. the materials that stiffen quickly will be harder to push through on start up and pump a bit slower . therefore the new gear is getting a bit more water because its being mixed a little longer. hence the splurge. high polymer adhesive coats highlight this and are best sprayed very wet. they pick up in no time once at the wall

Strange, we have had this problem recently using White Johnstones mono. Not to sure if it coincides with re start so will monitor.

What we have got again is the water level in the bottle going down again. Last time (November) is was the tap washer, but you need to keep monitoring the level and pumping presure or the material becomes stiff.

My last labourer was pretty good and monitoring the machine but his replacement cannot read gauges.

Problem I had was the pressure gauge wasnt working but amps were fine , think we were at 190 on the water but I usually put a few inches over the rotor head also on start up.

Reactions: Mag
Both our ritmo m and ritmo l go slightly wet after stop start. Only a few seconds though

Strange, we have had this problem recently using White Johnstones mono. Not to sure if it coincides with re start so will monitor.

What we have got again is the water level in the bottle going down again. Last time (November) is was the tap washer, but you need to keep monitoring the level and pumping presure or the material becomes stiff.

My last labourer was pretty good and monitoring the machine but his replacement cannot read gauges.
I had a meeting with a Johnstones rep about using there gear . What's it like as my machines still locked away so haven't had a chance to use it ?

The mono seemed ok, but on reflection of the above we will monitor the wetness on restart. Their ocr is finer than Weber's.

The ewi is good but the bucket coat is the stiffist ever. Needs like 2 ltrs of water to make it usable.

The mono seemed ok, but on reflection of the above we will monitor the wetness on restart. Their ocr is finer than Weber's.

The ewi is good but the bucket coat is the stiffist ever. Needs like 2 ltrs of water to make it usable.
Do you prefer there OCR John?. I liked there flexible Base coat and bucket coat

I've pumped a fair bit of Johnstones base coat through my Monojet, and goes through fine I use the jetset gun and a light weigh flow tube and cone and find the water setting a delicate process but I could probably need to push some Descaler through the pump to give it a good clean in all fairness, I have found that mentioned earlier that it comes out slightly wet first but this is only for a snap second then all is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk