ritmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant you plug it straight into a site box?

Afraid not Dave, I don't have a big enough transformer and anyway the leccy trips out when we turn a extra light on let alone a Ritmo.
Yes Steve we have been offered the Honda genny instead of the Briggs model, so we'll be in action before long.

i did however latex a 40m floor today with it on the way home. thats definatly worth a go. much easier than by hand

your a man of many talents nick. Your going to be a loss to the trade when you go overseas on a walkabout.

what product did you use?

u layed any thicker liquid screeds?

i honestly dont no mate. it was 6pm and dark. just looked on the bag and it said pumpable and in they went. i can find out if ur interested?

no havent tried any liquid screeds. think mr blones is ur man for that

so just out of interest, what are the initial feeling with the new ritmos from curry and andy??

It's still sat in the unit all shiny and new Nick, type of jobs/timing just haven't worked out for us to use the Ritmo yet but we will get it going sooner or later.

Its been a mission! getting there now and couldnt go back to old methods :RpS_thumbsup:

There is so many ways to mess it all up, but i think we have done most of them now so hopefully they shouldnt happen again.

Andy you have got alot of fun and games ahead of you :flapper:

Its been a mission! getting there now and couldnt go back to old methods :RpS_thumbsup:

There is so many ways to mess it all up, but i think we have done most of them now so hopefully they shouldnt happen again.

Andy you have got alot of fun and games ahead of you :flapper:

have u experienced the water switch?

have u experienced the water switch?

Nah not yet mate but I could imagin dry material being pumped is not good!

We have however,

1) had the front bolt undone so the machine flow open causing the gear in the hopper to get soaked as the water is still going in.

2) To low water pressure causing stiff gear thus causing a back fill in water in the hopper.

3) had the compressor kind of blow up.

4) ran the machine dry killing a rotor and stator.

5) tried to pump unpumbable render

6) ran the machine in reverse

7) Leaving the rotor stator bolts at home 70 miles away after changing from skim to render setup

8) had a frozen water pump

9) got water everywhere

10) had to replace a fault skim remote switch

11) blew the internal fuse on the ritmo

However these are just seen as lessons learnt and the machine except the compressor and switch has been faultless and Stuarts backup has be excellent. Spare received next day etc.

It's taken awhile but I final understand the way the machine works now and could happily take it to bits.

When you understand the ritmo and it works for you, and not you for it, it's a nice little machine that's able to mix and pump a lot of product.

Do you reckon your ready for a couple of annoying spectators soon currier? Would still like to see the ritmo in action and see what sort of routine you've got using it for skimming.

Nah not yet mate but I could imagin dry material being pumped is not good!

We have however,

1) had the front bolt undone so the machine flow open causing the gear in the hopper to get soaked as the water is still going in.

2) To low water pressure causing stiff gear thus causing a back fill in water in the hopper.

3) had the compressor kind of blow up.

4) ran the machine dry killing a rotor and stator.

5) tried to pump unpumbable render

6) ran the machine in reverse

7) Leaving the rotor stator bolts at home 70 miles away after changing from skim to render setup

8) had a frozen water pump

9) got water everywhere

10) had to replace a fault skim remote switch

11) blew the internal fuse on the ritmo

However these are just seen as lessons learnt and the machine except the compressor and switch has been faultless and Stuarts backup has be excellent. Spare received next day etc.

It's taken awhile but I final understand the way the machine works now and could happily take it to bits.

1. done
5. done
9. done.

you seem like youve had a lot of fun lol

had a nice one the other day. a guy moved my water pump out of the way whilst we were spraying to get his stuff past and it disconnected the water pipe from the pump. i did a slow motion leap for the off switch but it had already ground to a dry clogged lump of shite. wasnt all that happy as we had half a wall on

It'll come there's no rush, it would have been used if you could just pop into Travis and buy a dozen bags of CPI type material

Andy , It might pay to buy a pallet of cpi and store it dry so you have some to hand when you need it. i had 5m2 of mono to do the other day so i thought **** it and got the G5 out and sprayed it. Dont do by hand anymore

Andy , It might pay to buy a pallet of cpi and store it dry so you have some to hand when you need it. i had 5m2 of mono to do the other day so i thought **** it and got the G5 out and sprayed it. Dont do by hand anymore

Yeah to be honest Paul my unit is crammed full at the moment but once I've got rid of one of my diesel mixers and a few gennys plus a major sort out we'll have the space to store left over materials.
On the job we're doing at the moment a lot of it was dabbed with only 184m2 of internal render to do, the block work was all over the place to say the least and judging the quantities of gear was a nightmare so although I'd priced the job allowing for CPI I didn't want to end up with a pallet of gear left over without somewhere to store it or worse still end up a dozen bags short and have to either buy and wait for another pallet or order some S&C and still end up with a diesel mixer on site and hand applying.
When using CPI at say 15mm am I right in thinking you get about 0.7m2 from a bag of CPI?

Andy,

Thats a good guestimate....for the CPI. We always have a pallet or 2 kicking around our stores. Not sure where in Essex you are , bit if you ever get caught short and need a a few bags were only 20 mins the other side of the QE2 Bridge.

Another tip on CPI , just check the design mix you order is compatible with the strength of blocks/bricks you are spraying on to. ( Not that I for one minute an teaching you to suck eggs) . But CPI do supply mixes from 1 to 5 ..pre bagged.

Also , if your setting on it internally, the skim will hang for forever on it, its well dosed with waterproofer.

Me and my lab/skimmer got 12 bags on with it get the areas ready and turn the place pink

Andy,

Thats a good guestimate....for the CPI. We always have a pallet or 2 kicking around our stores. Not sure where in Essex you are , bit if you ever get caught short and need a a few bags were only 20 mins the other side of the QE2 Bridge.

Another tip on CPI , just check the design mix you order is compatible with the strength of blocks/bricks you are spraying on to. ( Not that I for one minute an teaching you to suck eggs) . But CPI do supply mixes from 1 to 5 ..pre bagged.

Also , if your setting on it internally, the skim will hang for forever on it, its well dosed with waterproofer.

Bloody hell that's a really nice offer Mark and once we get the baby whirring I may just need to take you up on the offer.
On the mixes I'd checked out the different strengths on offer thanks and someone told me they can be ordered without the added waterproofer, do you know if this is correct as I do love a bit of suction on my skimming (ooh are missus) and don't like the idea of a waterproof top coat when two/three coat rendering.

Twelve bags on Spunky, no wonder you ended up with a bad arm/shoulder!

Bloody hell that's a really nice offer Mark and once we get the baby whirring I may just need to take you up on the offer.
On the mixes I'd checked out the different strengths on offer thanks and someone told me they can be ordered without the added waterproofer, do you know if this is correct as I do love a bit of suction on my skimming (ooh are missus) and don't like the idea of a waterproof top coat when two/three coat rendering.

Twelve bags on Spunky, no wonder you ended up with a bad arm/shoulder!

have a word with one of the reps. they do loads of different things made to order. they make one with tonnes of waterproofer and fibres for some1 i no that tanks basements

Stick to PFT Northern or The Blones and Southern Monkey for service. I have been to PFT Central and found it more like a scrap yard. Good if you want lino though!

Status
Not open for further replies.