Rough guide for awkward rendering project

Members online

Ray batt

Hi all,

Im looking for some advice on a building, extension over bricks and blocks with existing parts of building rendered and sections of render removed.

I am quoting for:

100sqm. Old render to be pressure washed, rasolite base coat 6mm with mesh to new 8mm beads.

100sqm. Of blockwork/brickwork with monochrome grey base 25mm thick with mesh. With new beads set in.

200sqm to be finished with topcoat of color.vk 2mm thick over all.

Now my dilema to cost per sqm for the above seperate applications.... any advice on what to charge please. I know its a tricky one.

Hi all,

Im looking for some advice on a building, extension over bricks and blocks with existing parts of building rendered and sections of render removed.

I am quoting for:

100sqm. Old render to be pressure washed, rasolite base coat 6mm with mesh to new 8mm beads.

100sqm. Of blockwork/brickwork with monochrome grey base 25mm thick with mesh. With new beads set in.

Now my dilema to cost per sqm for the above seperate applications.... any advice on what to charge please. I know its a tricky one.
Just work out how long how much a day u want. Add on a few days. And obviously price of material and a bit extra. f**k m2 price on that.

Hi all,

I am quoting for:

:rolleyes::eek::rico: :aburrido:

Hi all,

I am quoting for:

I personally don't do sq ft (or sqm for that matter) pricing for anything under 1000 sq ft. (300ish sqm) it's all about the time on something like that. Day rate + material + overhead + profit = total price (+10% annoying home owners fee if they are hard to deal with... Maybe more)

Just work out how long how much a day u want. Add on a few days. And obviously price of material and a bit extra. f**k m2 price on that.

Eeeh. The joys of pricing when you don't know what you're doing.

I got a shout to price changing a lintel once. On an old coal shed that she the old woman wanted to sit in.

The brickie had used half a lintel and just bricked over the window for the rest of the run.

Parallel to the joist so not structural. Beat the dash off and redo that. Job's a good un. Felt sorry for her so €250 will call it right.

First off, the lintel might have been half way over the window but it went about 3ft into the house.

Then my breaker packed up and i was skint so had to bolster it off and it was like iron.

Then I couldn't find the dash. Seasonal apparently. How the fcuk dash can be seasonal i don't know but I found it in the very furthest corner of the island. Very rare apparently. Very expensive.

So for €250 I pulled the lintel out, beat the dash off by hand, spent 2 days and €40 of diesel driving about to buy the most expensive dash that I've ever seen, bought box section and wire and reskimmed the ceiling.

Worked for a week for the old woman for €50.

The second I got home the phone went.

'You've broke my hose, ' whined the old woman.

'No I haven't '

'You have. It worked when you came here and now it doesn't '

Give me strength. 'Right. I'll come back'

Another hour and a half there and back to show her that there was fcuk all wrong with her hose that turning the fučking tap on and not just the nozzle didn't fix.