Roughcasting over painted stone work(advise)

Members online

frankie porter

Hi lads I am roughcasting over stone work that is painted shortly and am fixing metal lath to the structure before applying materials . my plan was to fix lath directly onto painted stone work and then apply base coat etc. But my mind says I should prime the walls first then fix lath to structure . Any body on here dealt with rendering this kind of building before ? Would it be fine without a coat of primer ? Any advise appreciated thanks in advance

Hi lads I am roughcasting over stone work that is painted shortly and am fixing metal lath to the structure before applying materials . my plan was to fix lath directly onto painted stone work and then apply base coat etc. But my mind says I should prime the walls first then fix lath to structure . Any body on here dealt with rendering this kind of building before ? Would it be fine without a coat of primer ? Any advise appreciated thanks in advance
Going to prime it any way kills any suction and will give it an extra bit of adhesion !

Why can't you use a Parex printer as a tight base coat with alkaline mesh, then a top coat of pre bagged render.that way you don't need to bother with the time and expense of fixing stainless steel eml.

Why can't you use a Parex printer as a tight base coat with alkaline mesh, then a top coat of pre bagged render.that way you don't need to bother with the time and expense of fixing stainless steel eml.
Already bought all the lath and fixings for job but will note your suggestion down for future reference . Cheers for reply