S&C on aqua panel

Members online

max3

Hi

Has anyone ever tried rendering onto knauf aqua panel. I have a small timber frame extension and I'm looking to have it rendered on the neighbour's side so that it matches the existing.

It's been suggested that eml is put on first then scratch coat.

Hi

Has anyone ever tried rendering onto knauf aqua panel. I have a small timber frame extension and I'm looking to have it rendered on the neighbour's side so that it matches the existing.

Morning Max

I am Richard Lord, the Knauf Aquapanel Technical Manager. Thanks for your post

You can apply a thin layer of decorative sand and cement onto Knauf Aquapanel Exterior as a decorative finish to match existing, but we recommend the application of a modern thin coat basecoat and mesh layer (min 5mm) to the board first, do not apply an EML.

Sand and cement is a brittle and hard product when finished, if applied directly to a board, with or without an EML, the settlement of the timber frame will create cracks at board joints quickly.

Applying a modern thin coat basecoat and mesh layer first, puts a flexible layer onto the board to bind the boards together, reducing the risk of cracking. Some render system suppliers then also have finishes that match, or look similar to, a s&c finish, so could offer a system

We would then recommend no more than a 10mm layer of s&c as a skim finish to match existing

Feel free to get in touch with me directly to discuss further

Richard Lord
Knauf
rlord@knauf.co.uk

Hi Richard

Thank you for the quick reply. We were able to follow your instructions this morning.

It's looking good and now feel confident it will last.

Going for a s&c finish but a thin coat as suggested.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

NO. aqua panel needs a thin coat render, no eml, no sand and cement. you have received bad advice.

malc, think you're right. A big chunk has just fallen off

max3, what area is your property in ? there are experienced thin coat operatives on this forum that may be able to help you.

Hi Max.

give me a call.

i can pop over and take a look for you if you like. im in Hilsea

dan

Thanks Dan. I'm just down the road but the property is in Gosport. I've written your number down. Will speak to the guy who put it on first to see if we can fix it, if you know what I mean. It's only small 3m x 2m. Failing that I'll give you a call.