Skimming over artex

If you Pva and then skim the same day you can get in trouble over artex. You need sealer to be waterproof and not liven up with wet plaster. It's why that Polymer blue grit is so well thought of as It's hard as hell when dry. Learn what you need to do and treat accordingly. If you think you can Pva and zombie mix a artex ceiling same day then great. If the artex is the soft contract type from 90s then artex sealer or blue grit and let it harden. I know for fact that some spreads think Pva and skim every artex ceiling the same day and they say they don't get any problems. I'm calling them out because I have put some of that crap work right.. Boarding over is a good way to sort if joists will take the weight. I also get terrible wall and ceiling line cracks from boarding over so stick no nails around edges as you tacking over to stop that. It's not an easy job to turnout quality work. People think it's an easy job. It ain't

It's really not that hard to pva and skim same day.... it's really not. If you 2 coat properly with fresh gear then it's actually a doddle so long as it's not massive. Over board will have joins where there is lots of suction too but a half decent spread should be able to sort it out. I have more problems with old 9.5mm ceilings that have sagged over the years. I can count on my hands how many times the artex has failed beneath the plaster.... and yes that is no fun but you have to warn customer that an overskims is just that and you can't guarantee what's beneath.

You having to go and sort crap work out has nothing to do with pva and skim, I've had to sort new ceilings that have been skimmed that came out s**t from others..... a crap plasterer is a crap plasterer regardless.

Zombied one yesterday, was fine, just up and down like a brides nightie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bananahappy:
What a load of tripe!!!
Round here we flooded in 2007. Spreads came from far and wide with various building firms and some just put bonding straight over painted artex and skimmed. Just hasn't taken and comes clean off. Others just dot and dabbed straight over the walls with over boarding on ceilings. Boy did the dot and dabbing cause trouble with customers and most was removed.. but I digress. I was a bit mad yesterday at skimming over walls that were really bumpy winds me up. Ceiling has been over boarded and is a little to flexible where it not sitting flush the the original ceiling. A few holes and expanding foam sorted it but why not blob the back with something to stop this movement.. Or a corner tape... Oh well... Just me venting my feelings late last night after a tipple.. I shouldn't have... Jobs a good un though...:bananahappy: