Smoothing out hardened Parex render

Members online

No members online now.

Ben West

Hi, everyone. I'm new on here and I make my living doing general building work. I've done a lot of rendering and plastering over the years and I am more than proficient at both.
Having said that, I have not received formal training for either, so i often check on here for advice before doing anything unfamiliar, as I always aim to do things properly.
Introduction over, so now to the problem: I thought I'd have a go at applying some Parex Mono blanco over the entirety of the back of my single storey extension, as there was a mixture of old and new bricks, straight joints etc that I wanted to hide. So, I sealed / primed it all with Micro Gobetis 3000, attached my beads and away I went. My friend and I got it all a on in one day and so I scratch floated it the next day. It looked pretty perfect on that particular cloudy morning, so I didn't scratch it back as well as I should have (like an idiot) and so nowadays, when the light catches it just right, it shows up all of the imperfections that I missed but obviously it is now fully set.
I always intended on attaching some Victorian style steel trellis all over the wall for some honeysuckle to grow on, so the imperfections are not the end of the world but they drive me mad, as I now know what I did wrong.

Is there any way at all, without using something as aggressive as a diamond cup grinding wheel, to sand the surface back just a few mm? Any particular tool, either powered or manually operated?

Sorry for how long this description was. Any advice at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If you miss anything when scratching back your knackered. You could go over the top with a bucket coat render. Parex do DPR

You either grind it back or apply some new render on top of it. Scraping it back will only destroy the finish and texture and you will end up doing it the way you are trying to avoid.Anyway, if you want to try it refina has heavy duty one.

If you miss anything when scratching back your knackered. You could go over the top with a bucket coat render. Parex do DPR
If I went over it with DPR, would I have to micro again, beforehand? And how you you finish DPR?

You either grind it back or apply some new render on top of it. Scraping it back will only destroy the finish and texture and you will end up doing it the way you are trying to avoid.Anyway, if you want to try it refina has heavy duty one.
Will give the heavy duty one a try then, before I do anything too extreme. As I said, its on my own house and I'm covering it anyway but I would like to make the best of my mistake, if nothing else but for learning purposes.

Will give the heavy duty one a try then, before I do anything too extreme. As I said, its on my own house and I'm covering it anyway but I would like to make the best of my mistake, if nothing else but for learning purposes.
You can't grind it back ! It will make it worst