Speedskim do I don’t i

Members online

Gareth Bayley

Looking into getting a speedskim I’m wanting to speed up finishing times. So are they really worth it? Also a few spread friends are talking about plastic trowels are they worth it just for polishing up? I’ve been out of the game a while just doing small domestic works for family n friends but works picking up. Still using old fashioned 14 n 22 mashaltown trowels

Yes absolutely the st speed skim (the blue plastic bladed one).
Is an epic tool but to be fair it won't drastically speed up your actual finishing time but it will give you a lot more time inbetween passes to... drink brews, sit on your arse looking at shite on your phone or do a load more prep/throw a slighty bigger gauge on to begin with obviously depending on your work ethic.
Plastic trowels are great for winders and coves and are also good for a final run over just dont go overboard cause itll shine it like glass effortlessly, also dont rely on them too much while the gears still wet cause while it may look ok at first glance chances are it'll look absolute shite once dried out and painted.
The medi flex by nela is a quality finishing trowel used in conjunction with a speedskim the results can be flawless once you get your timings right.

Is an epic tool but to be fair it won't drastically speed up your actual finishing time but it will give you a lot more time inbetween passes to... drink brews, sit on your arse looking at shite on your phone or do a load more prep/throw a slighty bigger gauge on to begin with obviously depending on your work ethic.
Plastic trowels are great for winders and coves and are also good for a final run over just dont go overboard cause itll shine it like glass effortlessly, also dont rely on them too much while the gears still wet cause while it may look ok at first glance chances are it'll look absolute shite once dried out and painted.
The medi flex by nela is a quality finishing trowel used in conjunction with a speedskim the results can be flawless once you get your timings right.
Thank you great advice I’ll have a look at these

Last edited:
I Fell over my stilts the other day I wasn't even wearing them at the time they were just leaning against the newel post :rayos: nearly a trip to casualty :(.

Quality reply that! I'm going to nominate you for "reply of the month"

I've got blue blade and finishing blade and I be honest I love them and help me out in jobs only got 600 in both but I'm domestic so ideal size don't rate plazi flex trowels and if I'm honest I'm struggling with my nela medi flex at min can't decide if I like it or not but each to their own

This is what I’m thinking. But does it help the neck n shoulders out

Yes, can use a pole with it but unless a big ceiling i just kick a crate about or off planked out deck, or walk the floor using it if a standard 8ft high ceiling. Round the edges with a bit of emry then get on it quite wet.

Still need the blue speedskim myself... I feel like a complete loner with my refina spat , I want to be in the cool gang

I prefer the putz/eze spats myself but @scottie5 knows his s**t and does quality work so maybe try both? The eze is like a giant s*p*r*lex trowel and it's possible to finish with it I've posted enough pics to prove this

Thanks marshy will look into these as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone amazing advice brilliant recommendations going to have fun with the new toys I mean tools

I prefer the putz/eze spats myself but @scottie5 knows his s**t and does quality work so maybe try both? The eze is like a giant s*p*r*lex trowel and it's possible to finish with it I've posted enough pics to prove this

I do like the little 600mm eze spat Greg now its proper broken in.
My little noodle arms struggle with my 1000mm eze though.
I may need to hit the gym before getting that out again.
Maybe I could get the microsementalist to train me up a bit (y).
what do you reckon pal o_O.

Looking into getting a speedskim I’m wanting to speed up finishing times. So are they really worth it? Also a few spread friends are talking about plastic trowels are they worth it just for polishing up? I’ve been out of the game a while just doing small domestic works for family n friends but works picking up. Still using old fashioned 14 n 22 mashaltown trowels

Love my speedskim! Just don't go cutting the corners of like I did! Should have just bent them back.

Not been on here for a while. I'm looking at coming out the dark ages and getting a speedskim. Only reason I haven't is 'if it ain't broke why fix it?'

Never struggled for work and the money is the best it's ever been. Domestics mainly.

Can I flip the question around and ask how many of you regulars on here still just use steel trowel start to finish?

I do like the little 600mm eze spat Greg now its proper broken in.
My little noodle arms struggle with my 1000mm eze though.
I may need to hit the gym before getting that out again.
Maybe I could get the microsementalist to train me up a bit (y).
what do you reckon pal o_O.
...Sorry,couldn't help myself:chica:...

Sing along now!...dance if you like:musculoso::musculoso:

Not been on here for a while. I'm looking at coming out the dark ages and getting a speedskim. Only reason I haven't is 'if it ain't broke why fix it?'

Never struggled for work and the money is the best it's ever been. Domestics mainly.

Can I flip the question around and ask how many of you regulars on here still just use steel trowel start to finish?

Me lol[emoji23]