Speedskim v spatulas (Sorry)

Members online

f**k it just get one and see. Yeah you can use one trowel start to finish if you like, infact my MT xtralite is by far and away my favourite trowel. But it makes a nice change to do it a different way too. Today the ceiling I was doing got coated, flattened with speedy ST coated again then flattened again with ST, next one was SF speedy (not worn in yet) followed with 1 run with nelaflex 2 then cross trowels with same trowel. Came up as good as can be.

Doesn't look like much but this was where speedykim got me and she just getting better and better (I'm probably also getting better with it)

Not seen floating for donkeys. Good choice of whisk to, got 3 of them. Ones 13 year old and pick of the bunch, wipe the floor with my refina. Got sick of having it fixed just left it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ye want to buy lol . So it's no good for skimming

Mate...my garage is like a plastering tools graveyard!!!

Tbh mate I couldn't see the link but if its a Refina spat with a pole attachment I've personally not used but I believe couple of lads on here @Marshy in particular use regular and swears by it so may be worth persevering!!!

Likewise speedskims on a pole can be of use on the right jobs @scottie5 uses His all day every day and he sees off new build plots every couple of days!

They all have there place pal but still no replacement for being organised and working tidy IMO!!!

But yeah spats are great on render thin coat bases before silicone topcoats etc!!!

IMG_3127.JPG
This is what I've got John, is yours the same?

I don't care what anyone says but the best way to reduce fatigue,increase output and earn more money skimming is to learn how to 1 coat A1 properly!!!

You got the cheaper option then, more of a hand held spat yours? Mine is the blue one like the picture I put up , it took a while to wear it in but I find it very helpful on ceilings.

You got the cheaper option then, more of a hand held spat yours? Mine is the blue one like the picture I put up , it took a while to wear it in but I find it very helpful on ceilings.
See how it goes . Might be better on walls and once it's been used a few times

I really wish i got on with all these spats and speedskims etc.

I just can't get comfy with them and end up still using my trowel as much as i did without using one.

The only thing I did enjoy was one of those retina plaziflexs but when using them on renovations they just couldn't quote cut it

Well used it again today on walls to polish and warmed to it a bit . Think I was hitti g it when it was to wet . Still a bit of trial and error but holds a bit of promise now.

Well used it again today on walls to polish and warmed to it a bit . Think I was hitti g it when it was to wet . Still a bit of trial and error but holds a bit of promise now.

keep at it and you will suss out how it best works for you

Get one with a pole attachment at least, so you can do ceiling easier. Just used my refina spat to do a ceiling and because I don't use stilts it really helps having it on a pole.
Agreed
600 mm speedskim with pole will sort most domestic jobs esp ceilings and won't cost £140

Agreed
600 mm speedskim with pole will sort most domestic jobs esp ceilings and won't cost £140
Y do u need a speed scam on a Domestic biggest ceiling will be 20m ish max. Hardly worth getting out