Spraying Dash Receiver

Members online

Arti

Alreet Marra's.

Just to set the tone. I fewkin hate dashing.
Got a gable to hack off and re dash and was wonder how the machine gadgies do it.
I.e. Do you spray the whole gable, Flatten. thendash or spray each lift like you would do hand applying.
Or spray the top lift. Let the lads crack on dashing while you keep spraying?

Just trying to think of the best way to do it as I've never sprayed dash receiver.

Just to clarify.....I fewkin hate dashing

Cheers

Love

Arti
Xxxxxxxxxx

It will depend on who's dash receiver you are using. K rends soon skins over so dash as soon as it is on.

Think I would be tempted to have someone dashing behind the sprayer as soon as its on.

does it need hacking off ? i just finished 1 job where i redid the reveals in thin coat render and dashed straight over existing

This had bell casts in so i sprayed one section, trowelled flat and dashed. then repeat . make sure u cover your machine whilst dashing in case the chips go in the hopper.

I used enewall dash receiver BTW

Depends on time of year, product, suction, wind direction, temps etc etc I guess.
We usually use sas dash receiver, rules lovely, good value for money, and stays open for ages before skinning over.
The last one we did was in November, 10c, it was a 50 metre gable, The base was there float, so there was no suction. I sprayed the lot on in one go then one of us flattened off, put some tarps down and old cuts of carpet I use( a must for Dashing) and away we went.

Depends on time of year, product, suction, wind direction, temps etc etc I guess.
We usually use sas dash receiver, rules lovely, good value for money, and stays open for ages before skinning over.
The last one we did was in November, 10c, it was a 50 metre gable, The base was there float, so there was no suction. I sprayed the lot on in one go then one of us flattened off, put some tarps down and old cuts of carpet I use( a must for Dashing) and away we went.

does it need hacking off ? i just finished 1 job where i redid the reveals in thin coat render and dashed straight over existing

This had bell casts in so i sprayed one section, trowelled flat and dashed. then repeat . make sure u cover your machine whilst dashing in case the chips go in the hopper.

I used enewall dash receiver BTW
DSC_0129.JPG

The dash is hanging off marra. The roof line has no over hang and water was getting down the back off the dash and it's all blown. Had some canny winds last week and it's blown the dash off.
The old dear was nearly a human dash receiver when she let the dog out the back door and had to take cover

Last edited:
if you don't like dashing Arti, why not talk them into an acrylic finish ? give the house a modern look.

if you don't like dashing Arti, why not talk them into an acrylic finish ? give the house a modern look.
I'm trying marra. But because the front and back are dashed the old boy might just want it re dashed

View attachment 16630
The dash is hanging off marra. The roof line has no over hang and water was getting down the back off the dash and it's all blown. Had some canny winds last week and it's blown the dash off.
The old dear was nearly a human dash receiver when she let the dog out the back door and had to take cover

that just looks wrong... why is there not an overhang?

Just dash receiver over the existing dash front and back and hack off re do the gable all in rough cast??
hack it all off. prime it.bead it. then spray a pass of monocouche over the lot to base coat it and then spray a roughcast straight over that with monocouche. you can base and roghcast same day.
if you can persuade them not to have dash

I've always like using monoflex for a stone sheet. Much more durable than a tarp.

Couldn't stretch to carpet thats gucci as fcuk lol
There's a carpet fitter behind our unit, so I can get as many off cuts as we want. The last one was a cream plush carpet, no messing about. A real quality shag pile.:rico:

What does Sheffield shag mean?
shag as in shag pile and he's an owls supporter Sheffield Shag.............he does his own line in dash catching carpet..............think he needs to copyright it before Rhino onestop gets his eye on the idea @owls

Yep blones will have a version out sharpish I recon, the carpet off cuts will be called something like spar gathering trays , they'll be sprayed orange with something German written on them and cost 40 quid each, then he'll be talking them up on his face ache page:endesacuerdo:. I'm going to get the patent office on the blower in the morn.

Yep blones will have a version out sharpish I recon, the carpet off cuts will be called something like spar gathering trays , they'll be sprayed orange with something German written on them and cost 40 quid each, then he'll be talking them up on his face ache page:endesacuerdo:. I'm going to get the patent office on the blower in the morn.
Dash retrieval system