starting off

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

never done the external rendering with insulation before so where do i start, been asked to do a private job a detached stone house they applied for a grant but they dont qualify for it. so how are the sheets of celotex or equivalent secured to the wall,then mesh with eml, can you use sand/cement mix and use metal beads rather than the plastic ones i know you use the parex/webber materials but just some advice on it or is there a website for advice i dont fancy it but as i have worked before for them i feel obligated to help them out

well for a start,tell the customer the truth, that you have no idea about ewi. the material is expensive, and needs to be fitted to the correct sepc.

Ruddez from what you have written , you are only correct in your complete lack of knowledge you can help them by hiring someone else to do it off of here

Ruddez get to your local a+e cos your going to get your fingers burnt infact scolded! Getin touch with your local skin grafter im afraid!

never done the external rendering with insulation before so where do i start, been asked to do a private job a detached stone house they applied for a grant but they dont qualify for it. so how are the sheets of celotex or equivalent secured to the wall,then mesh with eml, can you use sand/cement mix and use metal beads rather than the plastic ones i know you use the parex/webber materials but just some advice on it or is there a website for advice i dont fancy it but as i have worked before for them i feel obligated to help them out
I,ve never done plumbing , so i call a plumber :RpS_w00t:

Mech fix tracks. Mech fix the insulation. Bead. Base coat. Mesh. Sponge. Prime. Top coat. Rub up. Collect money.

Just joined forum today mate but been plastering and rendering for 35 years get someone who know what they are doing and work with them and learn

it s mostley plasterers who do it so it cant be that hard thers some stuff on u tube that gives a good look at how it done

it will prob need a warranty of 10 or more years and that will be upheld by you back to back with the manufacturer so just follow the spec to the letter (as you should with any cladding system anyway) and you should be ok

:-0

EWI is not the simplest thing by any means. Systems also vary with application details.

Best way to go is always wet and mechanically fix the insulation to the wall, 5 or 6mm basecoat with a mesh in the outer 3rd. Always allow a mm per day for drying time. Then primer followed by top coat.

As for beads, PVC meshed wing beads are recommended for corners and APU for window reveals. Your Insulation will be sat on a baserail, I would advise a clip on profile bead attached to that also.

We run courses for EWI in Cheltenham, if it is something your interested in please do not hesitate to call us

Status
Not open for further replies.