strata spray machine

Members online

wez

hi guys I bought a strata 2nd hand just having a fxxking nightmare with it. I set everything up to dry mix hardwall parge it through the Swan neck to get the right mix (bit wetter than hand troweld) conect all my spray pipes up. coming through the pipe a bit but not alot went to the machine and water in the troff with the dry mix so to me something isn't right. if I conect the water direct to the pipe it's pushing water through fine so pipes not blocked. phoned strata (still waiting on a reply)
can anyone advise or had the same problem. I've even pre mixed and put wet mix in still same problem

Is the water still going through when the machine is switched off? I had that with mine when I first bought it second hand.

Is the water still going through when the machine is switched off? I had that with mine when I first bought it second hand.
no mate its like it's getting stuck in the pipe as if theres not enough pressure to push through the pipe

Did u purge water for too long and it got powder in the hopper wet and caused the blockage? Or maybe the pressure switch isn't turning the water pump off straight away and causing water to back up mixing chamber and into the hopper. It did that on mine before. Very temperamental machine. Are you starting with water on high then turning it down to get mix right? I had loadsa setup problems with mine until stuart told me how to do it rite. Don't bother trying to get help from strata. They're useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did u purge water for too long and it got powder in the hopper wet and caused the blockage? Or maybe the pressure switch isn't turning the water pump off straight away and causing water to back up mixing chamber and into the hopper. It did that on mine before. Very temperamental machine. Are you starting with water on high then turning it down to get mix right? I had loadsa setup problems with mine until stuart told me how to do it rite. Don't bother trying to get help from strata. They're useless.

I've been asking strata for help buto not getting anyway. ye done everything it says in manual that strata did send over lol. if I disconnect the morta hose and put the Swan neck bk on its fine. it's like there is no pressure to push it down the hose that why I thought it may be the rotovator. as this was on my machine when I bought it. I don't know when they are worn out.

Yep that's probably the problem. Now it's gonna cost u 140 quid to buy a new one. That's what they charge u every time it needs replacing aswell! Part of the reason I got rid of mine. Mite not be too bad with just hardwall going thru it it mite last a bit longer then putting render through it but that's where I'd start.

Yep that's probably the problem. Now it's gonna cost u 140 quid to buy a new one. That's what they charge u every time it needs replacing aswell! Part of the reason I got rid of mine. Mite not be too bad with just hardwall going thru it it mite last a bit longer then putting render through it but that's where I'd start.

how do u know when there on there way out

They won't pump properly. Mix goes wet and dry as ur spraying. Or if it's a used machine chances are they aren't gonna replace a 140£ r n s to sell it

Just buy a new one. If ur gonna be using it on a regular basis buy 2 cos when one goes you need a back up

I didn't realise you were pumping wet gear...

U got the speed turned rite up on that or is it on slow

I've been asking strata for help buto not getting anyway. ye done everything it says in manual that strata did send over lol. if I disconnect the morta hose and put the Swan neck bk on its fine. it's like there is no pressure to push it down the hose that why I thought it may be the rotovator. as this was on my machine when I bought it. I don't know when they are worn out.

Where are you based. I reckon it's the r@s

I didn't realise you were pumping wet gear...

U got the speed turned rite up on that or is it on slow

full speed mate tried turning it down no change. it's like not enough power to push it through as u can see in the video

The gear in the hopper isn't moving. We put wet mono thru mine and it kept getting caught up. But I could see the gear moving. I had to keep pushing it down with a bit of tile batten to keep it flowing. Nightmare! We mixed and pumped hardwall with it tho no problem tho. Start with replacing your r n s just to rule it out

I had problems when using a 5kva genny, it always jammed up, was fine until I connected hoses. When I use a 6 it's fine.