stretch marks. .

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo23

Please advise. ...been plastering about six year's thought i was good enough to get away with silk paint....but after putting third cover of paint all these marks are so visible. ...looks like fingers have been dragged down it.....ripples ...how can I stop this happing again....new too forum ..hello all

Stretch marks lol.
think what your describing is tiger stripes?
Are you using fresh gear for laying in?are you laying in too soon?
welcome to the forum....:RpS_thumbup:

Welcome along Leo. Stripes can be a pain, make sure you have good lighting when you work so you can see your misses and fill them before your walls set. Laying in too soon or using stiff gear for laying in can cause this as well.

Beddy get's these when nick enters His back passage.:RpS_biggrin: Are you sure your talking about tiger stripes I have in the past had zebra stripes could well be your skim is to thick on the wall ,

Henry for months I've been the only one who cared about you. The only one who noticed you were potentially dead. And this is how you repay me

Please advise. ...been plastering about six year's thought i was good enough to get away with silk paint....but after putting third cover of paint all these marks are so visible. ...looks like fingers have been dragged down it.....ripples ...how can I stop this happing again....new too forum ..hello all
Hi Leo, tiger stripes normally caused by too much pressure on the trowel in the early stages or if you left it too long to flatten and had to use a lot of pressure to get it flat. On it nice and early with little pressure should help.

That pal think ya right...put it on a little thick to save on mess...as it was in my own house.......

Ok, I shall rephrase, use of the plastic trowel for flattening will reduce the
ikelihood of tiger stripes..

Will it ?
I don't use the plazzie for flattening ...so erm , I'll take your word for it.....:RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.