Sub out work?

Members online

Pop92

Since starting on my own I'm getting asked about work that isn't my trade, So instead of losing jobs I could sub it out,
Sub out work isn't something I've ever done so don't know the details of doing it, As in % of what I get on work I give out,
Any ideas would be appreciated,
Everydays a school day! Been in the trade a long time but never had to think of this before!!

Pick the other trades wisely, I'd be wanting aroundabout 25% or more for bringing in other trades.
Think of the time you will need to organise, phone calls and ear slapping off the customer if they don't turn up.

Unless you have trusted people who will play fair and drop you a drink out of jobs handed over or your hard as nails with a merciless reputation leave it alone as it will cost you more time , money and patience than you possibly have. Or you may be incredibly lucky .

I do a lot of renovation work and sub out a lot of work.
I now have subbies that I can count on when needed but have had a nightmare sometimes with some in regards to workmanship and cost etc... And at the end of the day it's on your head.
Can also be a pain stopping their tax and sending it on to hmrc and filing returns every month even if you have not paid any subbies.

Since starting on my own I'm getting asked about work that isn't my trade, So instead of losing jobs I could sub it out,
Sub out work isn't something I've ever done so don't know the details of doing it, As in % of what I get on work I give out,
Any ideas would be appreciated,
Everydays a school day! Been in the trade a long time but never had to think of this before!!

£££££
No other answer....a price take it or leave it .
Youd be surprised how much you can make.
Stop being soft wheres money is concered.
No one else is.

I do a lot of renovation work and sub out a lot of work.
I now have subbies that I can count on when needed but have had a nightmare sometimes with some in regards to workmanship and cost etc... And at the end of the day it's on your head.
Can also be a pain stopping their tax and sending it on to hmrc and filing returns every month even if you have not paid any subbies.

Hows is it a pain ??
Give your wife 60k a year for sorting it !!

I pass work onto other trades and tell them to stick money on for me. .. i make it look like i am just passing the number on so i dont get involved in the organizing, payment, quality etc.....

Same as. You scratch my back etc. Got a nice honest bunch of trades who pass telephone numbers on. If a really good earner comes out of a lead, there's a drink or curry by way of a thank you.
I passed a job on a few years back I was offered it but didn't want the hassle of running it or sourcing blokes so passed it on and just asked for a decent rate on the dashing and a good drink at the end of the job from the bloke I passed it on to, the job was social housing over 80 houses and well over £250k with of labour, the prick never even gave me a can of lager let alone a nice "drink" so from that experience I pass f**k all on now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed a job on a few years back I was offered it but didn't want the hassle of running it or sourcing blokes so passed it on and just asked for a decent rate on the dashing and a good drink at the end of the job from the bloke I passed it on to, the job was social housing over 80 houses and well over £250k with of labour, the prick never even gave me a can of lager let alone a nice "drink" so from that experience I pass f**k all on now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a c**t!!! That would make my blood boil.