Tear off that skirt

Members online

Lastlaff

IMG_6161.JPG
That's what she asked me to do - just not that type of skirt! Anyway, off came the skirting boards as she wants the walls to run into the concrete tiles - clean lines. I'm going to use stop beads to form the junction unless anyone got a better idea? Why do I always get customers with OCD ideas!
Anyway, I'm off to wash my hands as It's ten to the hour and I like to wash every ten minutes.

View attachment 19558 That's what she asked me to do - just not that type of skirt! Anyway, off came the skirting boards as she wants the walls to run into the concrete tiles - clean lines. I'm going to use stop beads to form the junction unless anyone got a better idea? Why do I always get customers with OCD ideas!
Anyway, I'm off to wash my hands as It's ten to the hour and I like to wash every ten minutes.

Hope you're charging enough to do that. Bead at the bottom is smart, just pull your bottom stroke horizontal and it'll look sweet. Do you guys have trim-tex there? They make a bead called tear away L bead that would be perfect for that.

http://www.trim-tex.com/products/overview/commercial-beads/tear-away-beads/tear-away-l-bead/

Have fun and send some pics when you're done.
(y)

I'd leave a little tiny shadow gap a couple of mil above the tiles, just coz........
Reckon,it could be the new "thing".......

View attachment 19558 That's what she asked me to do - just not that type of skirt! Anyway, off came the skirting boards as she wants the walls to run into the concrete tiles - clean lines. I'm going to use stop beads to form the junction unless anyone got a better idea? Why do I always get customers with OCD ideas!

that will look smart when it is done... but I like skirting :D

Very misleading thread title!!! Made me quite angry I was expecting different pics you bunch of bastards

Yet again @Marshy never fails to share insight into internal decorating trends of Britain......I could stare for hours at the the picture on the wall and the sofa fabric in pic 1..........and pic 2 takes me back to days on site where everyone had a"ghetto blaster"......"wogbox"........ thanks @Marshy ........:D

Looks good, but just can’t help but cringe at the thought of a dirty sopping wet mop running along that wall edge fookin it up in no time. :rayos::(

Perfection :)
You're a genuine nice bloke. It didn't take much skill(I have very little). Plastic skim bead with one wing cut down (I used that as the spacer under the bead once it was stuck on). The woman had serious OCD about the shadow gap - I took it to another level and told her the gap is the same as the concrete-tile grout line.....she loved that.

You're a genuine nice bloke. It didn't take much skill(I have very little). Plastic skim bead with one wing cut down (I used that as the spacer under the bead once it was stuck on). The woman had serious OCD about the shadow gap - I took it to another level and told her the gap is the same as the concrete-tile grout line.....she loved that.

Thanks Lastlaff. You've helped me loads since I've been posting. Its nice to see a master at work :)
PS, thanks for the explanation. I suppose half the battle, whatever trade yoy are is keeping the customer happy, think you've got that sorted ;)

Thanks Lastlaff. You've helped me loads since I've been posting. Its nice to see a master at work :)
PS, thanks for the explanation. I suppose half the battle, whatever trade yoy are is keeping the customer happy, think you've got that sorted ;)
You know mate, listening is the most important thing when landing the job - find out what they want, if it will work and of course if you want to do it, then you'll get the work. Price rarely comes into it (maybe I'm lucky). Once they have decided they want you to do the work, price doesn't matter.

You know mate, listening is the most important thing when landing the job - find out what they want, if it will work and of course if you want to do it, then you'll get the work. Price rarely comes into it (maybe I'm lucky). Once they have decided they want you to do the work, price doesn't matter.

Good advice mate...thank you. Did you blend in or completely re-skim?

Good advice mate...thank you. Did you blend in or completely re-skim?
After fitting the beads I paper taped the wing to the wall then three coats of joint cement (the paper tape I pre-soak in water to stop it sucking the moisture from the joint cement (I spent a year machine taping & jointing years ago in Scotland - learned from a gang of brilliant blokes). It's all just practice, they laughed at me when they saw my taping for the first time.

After fitting the beads I paper taped the wing to the wall then three coats of joint cement (the paper tape I pre-soak in water to stop it sucking the moisture from the joint cement (I spent a year machine taping & jointing years ago in Scotland - learned from a gang of brilliant blokes). It's all just practice, they laughed at me when they saw my taping for the first time.

Invisible ;)

Neat, clean and tidy - that's all people want....its quite simple really. Some days I loose a bit of money to make it look pukka - other days it's an easy one.

quite rough :D we have a robot hoover :D
I was thinking of getting one of those. I have a Dyson and I mainly Hoover in our house (the wife doesn't know how too:/) I like to see all the filth circulate in the canister...perverse I guess?

Neat, clean and tidy - that's all people want....its quite simple really. Some days I loose a bit of money to make it look pukka - other days it's an easy one.

I have those days too mate. Bottom line is a good job...averages out hopefully. Frustrating at times when you've done all the leg work, collected all the materials and also responsible for the outcome and your lab has walked away with near enough the same!

I work on my own - have for years now. My best labourer was called 'Joey Bananas'. His mum came down the road and knocked on my door and said, 'thanks for giving Joey a chance, he has never lasted with someone so long and has usually assaulted all the others' - this was After the first day with me! He was great when the customer was being awkward - I used to tell him the customer had our wages...he never liked that:)

I was thinking of getting one of those. I have a Dyson and I mainly Hoover in our house (the wife doesn't know how too:/) I like to see all the filth circulate in the canister...perverse I guess?

We have had quite a few of them now and they are great.... we have wooden floors throughout the downstairs of our place and I send it out every day and it just wonders off for 3 hours and then at the end of the day I empty it out :D

Its not the be all and end all of hoovers but a great addition and keeps things under control till the cleaner comes :D