the eastern euros are at it again

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
the euros are back and are getting free two week training courses for the olympic build

spunkybum said:
the euros are back and are getting free two week training courses for the olympic build
The London Olympics are going to be a F***ing embarrassment . Can't wait!

all that work and itll probably get blown up by terrorists anyway

F*****g javelin throwing.............construction trades mate

it was in the sun flynny so it must be true!........i think it was mondays paper ?

crazy how the two stories differed but was on about the same thing.......................i might have to read two different papers to get a better picture....................... :)

i reckon its just an excuse to get cheap labour.......how can they say theres a skill shortage when half the nations unemployed

spunkybum said:
i reckon its just an excuse to get cheap labour.......how can they say theres a skill shortage when half the nations unemployed

Or maybe an excuse to blame the foreigners, i have seen plenty of rough arse plasterers on site and none of them were foreign but to be honest ive not seen many foreign plasterers only fixers and dryliners. A lot of the problem with work drying up is the lack of good tradesmen that is down to 5 day courses and people like rated tradesmen and other organisations that let you bid for work then charge you. the work is still about but a lot of customers are using these sites without making the usual way ie phone or word of mouth, they think the cheapest is the best, learn there lesson but become more paranoid or lack of money or keeping hold of it at the minute.

very true ...it's a tricky one because everyone's got the right to learn a trade but the nobjockeys getting the basics then going out charging 120-200 a day do take the piss ...........fook me wheres it all going? i missed the boat with tiling floor screeding etc but i was brought up to do a good job not to chase the money as most of the work is daywork ........
ive seen loads of rough spreads too but i know round the corner theres alot of very good ones....maybe a recessions a good thing in some respects cause it might weed out the shite .....see you all in london ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.