Thistle Bond 60

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Got a few bags to trial of this bonding and thought its worth a share to TPF.
I used a couple of trial bags last year with different set times but it looks like this 60 minute set and ready to skim might be getting the go ahead for release.To be honest it was ready to skim in 45 minutes but I left it for the 60 minutes.i had a little diner room to skim got there and as usual on the blessed domestic jobs there was 5 chases there that I hadn't quoted for and had a small area of loose that needed hacking and float i banged this on and blobbed my finish straight over everything and still finished near enough on time,absolute god send.Fair enough we all know a bit of cement in normal bonding would speed it up but this was real nice gear to use.
WP_20160602_09_42_34_Pro.jpg

Says workable for 60mins? Normal bonding isnt workable for 60mins....

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Suppose it depends beddy on the job and variables of the room/job, think it's just a general guide, there has been a few pallets passed out ( I think ) and feed back has to be mailed back to bg,I only going off the one bag used today but have a few more to see how they are

It also says dab depth,lol on the back maybe sometimes thing have an element of human error... Anyways setting times may vary as always..just took a picture of back if it's of any interest.. With roughly guide instructions.

WP_20160602_19_10_15_Pro.jpg

I got 2 free bags aswell but havnt managed to use it as of yet..normal bonding goes off in 30mins tho..il be honest I thought this was a new finishing patching plaster lol..my bad

I got 2 free bags aswell but havnt managed to use it as of yet..normal bonding goes off in 30mins tho..il be honest I thought this was a new finishing patching plaster lol..my bad
I thought the same...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Maybe different on thicker depths maybe ?

Fixing something that's not broke springs to mind I don't see anything different from bonding 20 years ago.

I did a domestic couple weeks bk and some of depth was a gud 15-20mm and it still shot off was chasing my arse like f**k
Will you be using your bags to see what you think is any different? The guy who gave them to me said when they trial and send out to people they want as many opinions as possible. Seems a shame to not

Will you be using your bags to see what you think is any different? The guy who gave them to me said when they trial and send out to people they want as many opinions as possible. Seems a shame to not
Il try as do want to use it to c difference mysen but doing 2 new builds on Monday,used 3 bags of normal bonding other day as well just b4 this came! Typical

Chuck a handful of multi or cement in your normal bonding and it'll be ready to skim in 30 mins. Probably be cheaper too.

Got a few bags to trial of this bonding and thought its worth a share to TPF.
I used a couple of trial bags last year with different set times but it looks like this 60 minute set and ready to skim might be getting the go ahead for release.To be honest it was ready to skim in 45 minutes but I left it for the 60 minutes.i had a little diner room to skim got there and as usual on the blessed domestic jobs there was 5 chases there that I hadn't quoted for and had a small area of loose that needed hacking and float i banged this on and blobbed my finish straight over everything and still finished near enough on time,absolute god send.Fair enough we all know a bit of cement in normal bonding would speed it up but this was real nice gear to use.
View attachment 12022
Do they pay u for poundings u r getting like uni finish.

There shud bring out a multi finish 60..amount of times ive had a tiny gage to do and sat watching it go off..think there's a market for that myself..state on bag instructions on the back.."no flappers"

that would bring it full circle back to sirapite finish which you could gauge to set in a few mins.

Do they pay u for poundings u r getting like uni finish.
Tbh donzo I like to hear everyone's opinion, no one person knows everything and no one person is always right but we all think we are lol, I wasn't going to post it up but thought there ain't much new going on so it might be worth it to some.
:hola:

There shud bring out a multi finish 60..amount of times ive had a tiny gage to do and sat watching it go off..think there's a market for that myself..state on bag instructions on the back.."no flappers"

These c**ts can't consistently batch decent multi finish and we all know what happened with mk1 unishit. Joke of a company, In the US they have about 5 different plasters with different set times. We are well behind the curve.

Dirty water. I chuck in a blob of the sludge from the bottom of the cleaning bucket. (And then start flapping)

Should be about 8 others who got sent some samples to play with :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dirty water. I chuck in a blob of the sludge from the bottom of the cleaning bucket. (And then start flapping)
Ye ive done dirty water numerous times pug be nice to have a option tho on shelf at a reasonable price for like little bathroom ceilings or if u have 1 wall 2 do etc

Tbh donzo I like to hear everyone's opinion, no one person knows everything and no one person is always right but we all think we are lol, I wasn't going to post it up but thought there ain't much new going on so it might be worth it to some.
:hola:
Just doesn't seem new, you can control the set of most plasters by controlling the suction or messing with the chemical reaction. Appart from magnetic and uni I don't see a new product, I don't think they have been marketed right and think they shouldn't move on to another product without pushing these two products. The magnetic is amazing and still to this day after it being out on the market over 18 months, it still shocks people and even shocks the people who sell it who didn't know they sold it. I've mentioned the problem with marketing uni so I'm not going into that, it's just a shame they were on today and never got involved in any posts they were tagged in. When they got on board we were promised they would get more involved but I don't think they are, I know I am not popular because of my opinions but i am only asking the questions others want to ask. I'm not dogging products or tools just asking questions it's that simple, I am happy to answer questions unless they are personal and I have on here for years. Xx

Just doesn't seem new, you can control the set of most plasters by controlling the suction or messing with the chemical reaction. Appart from magnetic and uni I don't see a new product, I don't think they have been marketed right and think they shouldn't move on to another product without pushing these two products. The magnetic is amazing and still to this day after it being out on the market over 18 months, it still shocks people and even shocks the people who sell it who didn't know they sold it. I've mentioned the problem with marketing uni so I'm not going into that, it's just a shame they were on today and never got involved in any posts they were tagged in. When they got on board we were promised they would get more involved but I don't think they are, I know I am not popular because of my opinions but i am only asking the questions others want to ask. I'm not dogging products or tools just asking questions it's that simple, I am happy to answer questions unless they are personal and I have on here for years. Xx
My post to donzo was not directed at you flynny , I meant just in general all plasterers.
Me included.