Thistle Durafinish

Members online

I wonder if it will actually be on the shelves of my local merchants though? I'd like to try it but don't need a pallet of it

If @BritishGypsum had real confidence in this product why wouldn't they send out a pallet to every merchant Wickes & b&q at a loss to reap its reward from future sales because after all its 10 time better than multi.

Listen bg I'm open to offers ( well anything over 80k ) marketing and public/Plasterer's relations is not a strong point, I'll come in get rid of the dead wood and steer the ship

Can I get it from b and q or anywhere like that? Same thing with unifinish never see that anywhere local, bonding 60 never seen it. It needs to be more available to buy, no one is getting a full pallet just because they heard it was good on the plasterers forum. A bag at a time and then people decide for themselves?

Can I get it from b and q or anywhere like that? Same thing with unifinish never see that anywhere local, bonding 60 never seen it. It needs to be more available to buy, no one is getting a full pallet just because they heard it was good on the plasterers forum. A bag at a time and then people decide for themselves?
A bag or small quantities can be ordered to merchants mate it doesn't have to be a pallet on the ones you listed, except for pure finish and unifinish they are pallet only at the minute, word is pure should be available in small quantities soon though. Think this applies to anywhere that sells Bg finish finish products

A bag or small quantities can be ordered to merchants mate it doesn't have to be a pallet on the ones you listed, except for pure finish and unifinish they are pallet only at the minute, word is pure should be available in small quantities soon though. Think this applies to anywhere that sells Bg finish finish products

Like I said if they really wanted to push this product they would get it out to stores

Like I said if they really wanted to push this product they would get it out to stores
You might be right mate but tbh i don't think you are , it's like if I was gonna sell say wigs for £10 and you was supplying them to me , I wouldn't order 20 wigs until I had 20 orders or enquiries to get the wigs in.

You might be right mate but tbh i don't think you are , it's like if I was gonna sell say wigs for £10 and you was supplying them to me , I wouldn't order 20 wigs until I had 20 orders or enquiries to get the wigs in.

Totally different mate, take cadburys when they bring out a new chocolate bar, invariably they will give out loads free through various promotions.

Now I'm not saying they need to give dura away free I'm saying get it in stores, offer sale or return/money back to stores, promotions in store buy X amount of multi get a couple of bags of dura to try, but as usual it's a poor show.

And btw when well they also learn these promotional videos do them no good, it's all BS, it's not representative of the average plasterer who do you know what doesn't actually give a monkeys, we just want to use the best product available for any given job, trying to teach us to suck eggs only alianates

Last edited:
That is a bald statement Vincey.

I will ask my bq today about a bag see what they say.

Here is the other thing, in regards to this forum if members such as algeeman or pagey ( members with no association or agenda ) come on and said how good it was it would carry real clout.
@BritishGypsum having the usual suspects and their friends come on and say how good it is after there credibility has been shot to bits after the uni nonsense doesn't do you them or us any good.

Just saying

Here is the other thing, in regards to this forum if members such as algeeman or pagey ( members with no association or agenda ) come on and said how good it was it would carry real clout.
@BritishGypsum having the usual suspects and their friends come on and say how good it is after there credibility has been shot to bits after the uni nonsense doesn't do you them or us any good.

Just saying
You seem to be always looking for a argument,,, reaction.
I hated uni,,,had a big dis agreement with Vince on it away back,,,check my posts if you like.
Then stuck at it with it.
Its seems to be your way goes,no giving the benefit of doubt.
People have agendas if they don't agree with you,,also seems a lot of people on this forum aint got balls to say to you.
Only saying.

You seem to be always looking for a argument,,, reaction.
I hated uni,,,had a big dis agreement with Vince on it away back,,,check my posts if you like.
Then stuck at it with it.
Its seems to be your way goes,no giving the benefit of doubt.
People have agendas if they don't agree with you,,also seems a lot of people on this forum aint got balls to say to you.
Only saying.

Pmsl, I'm always looking for an argument because I question things ? Because I'm not a yes sir three bags full sir kind of guy ?
You can look back on my posts, the only thing I have ever been wrong on is the Tories not winning by a land slide, aside from that I've been flawless despite what flynny might have you believe lol

Pmsl, I'm always looking for an argument because I question things ? Because I'm not a yes sir three bags full sir kind of guy ?
You can look back on my posts, the only thing I have ever been wrong on is the Tories not winning by a land slide, aside from that I've been flawless despite what flynny might have you believe lol
In all fairness GPS try it for yourself 6 out of 6 really enjoyed using the gear and I'm sure are going to carry on with it.

In all fairness GPS try it for yourself 6 out of 6 really enjoyed using the gear and I'm sure are going to carry on with it.

I will give it a go with an open mind as always, if I can get hold of a bag that is, I'm not hunting it down if they want plasterers to buy and use it they need to make it available.

I suspect after being burned with uni there is a slight reluctance with giving this a real push.

I will ask my bq today about a bag see what they say.
Just asked Vince ,,,,,,bq trade point,,,,they said they would not get a bag of durafinish for me to try.
This is the problem @BritishGypsum.

Stores are not willing to let us try un stocked gear.

Last edited:
I will give it a go with an open mind as always, if I can get hold of a bag that is, I'm not hunting it down if they want plasterers to buy and use it they need to make it available.

I suspect after being burned with uni there is a slight reluctance with giving this a real push.
Fair enough I think for the time being it is a little more of arranging with merchants to get hold of the stuff.