Thistle Durafinish

Members online

Thanks for the interest in finding stockists for DuraFinish. Our stockists are not always keen to take new products in so we are happy to help by talking to your local stockist to help get the product to you.

To make it easier to get the right branch, please send us an email to british.gypsum@diversity.agency and give us details of the merchant and which branch you normally use and we will call them to see if they will stock for you. Please remember to leave your contact number to so we can update you once we have spoken to the merchant.

Thanks for the interest in finding stockists for DuraFinish. Our stockists are not always keen to take new products in so we are happy to help by talking to your local stockist to help get the product to you.

To make it easier to get the right branch, please send us an email to british.gypsum@diversity.agency and give us details of the merchant and which branch you normally use and we will call them to see if they will stock for you. Please remember to leave your contact number to so we can update you once we have spoken to the merchant.

Which is why surely to god you would send sample bags out on top of multi pallets or even just take a hit early on and send half a pallet to stores to see how it goes knowing if it's a winner you reap the rewards later on.

I will send email,, see how it pans out.

You can use it like unifinish too without grit or pva but not on undercoats you need to use gyprime! :endesacuerdo::(:rayos:

Ill have a pallet!

A bag or small quantities can be ordered to merchants mate it doesn't have to be a pallet on the ones you listed, except for pure finish and unifinish they are pallet only at the minute, word is pure should be available in small quantities soon though. Think this applies to anywhere that sells Bg finish finish products
Right I'm here now,I have read your posts Vincey,TBH, imo and gods honest truth, with you mentioning pure finish and uni finish,your very own gift to the plastering world,are we to expect more crap videos about these plasters,just seems a bit strange when you say these are pallet only order,are these being trailed as well,just trying to join the dots from your posts.IMO things are always better when they are free,what do you say.

emailed link danny to bg guy.
lets see if my merchants willing to help.

No, it's let's see if bg are willing to help, merchants are not going to take a new product at full cost especially a full pallet, merchants would of had there pants pulled down with uni, you and Vincey can say what you like but it's been a disaster.

If it was same price as multi .Board might help . If you use the same amount it means price goes up to customer who doesn't really care if it's better for plasterer as long as it paints and they get price cheaper

If it was same price as multi .Board might help . If you use the same amount it means price goes up to customer who doesn't really care if it's better for plasterer as long as it paints and they get price cheaper

disagree buddy, not everyone always looks for the cheapest price, in fact its rarely the case as far as I'm concerned.

what helps is making it available

disagree buddy, not everyone always looks for the cheapest price, in fact its rarely the case as far as I'm concerned.

what helps is making it available
If I said use multi it be 50 quid for gear or this new stuff it be 100 they will say what's difference . Basically nowt once it's painted . .... so they will go with the multi

If I said use multi it be 50 quid for gear or this new stuff it be 100 they will say what's difference . Basically nowt once it's painted . .... so they will go with the multi

Where does the extra £50 come from ? I'm sure my good friend Vincey said it was around £7.50 a bag, could be wrong @Vincey

British gypsum sent me half a pallet of unifinish earlier this year free of charge (y) was brilliant having free materials for my own jobs,extra profit. I showed an interest in the product and they got it out to me:)

No, it's let's see if bg are willing to help, merchants are not going to take a new product at full cost especially a full pallet, merchants would of had there pants pulled down with uni, you and Vincey can say what you like but it's been a disaster.
U still have uni on the brain,,,, get it out your system again,,,,
Anyone that didnt know gps does not like uni,,,,,, bet you wake up and go looking for anything that mentions uni.

U still have uni on the brain,,,, get it out your system again,,,,
Anyone that didnt know gps does not like uni,,,,,, bet you wake up and go looking for anything that mentions uni.

Lol, just pointing out what the issues are where to point the finger.

Where does the extra £50 come from ? I'm sure my good friend Vincey said it was around £7.50 a bag, could be wrong @Vincey
Dura is around £15 , it was thistle pure finish that is £7.50 ish mate.
Magnetic £66
Magnetic plasterboards roughly £22 ish
Unifinish £8.50 - £10
(All including vat).

Tbh there is a noticeable difference in the strength of the dura finish when it's dried compare to bog standard multi or board

Last edited:
Reactions: gps
How soon?
How quick?
How much?

These are the only 3 questions domestic customers want answering!

I don't know what planet British Gypsum are on these days offering all these new G** products when they can't get any consistency with their bread & butter products.

They have totally lost touch with the tradesmen that spend thousands with them each year, preferring to churn out crap in sub standard packaging.
While at the same time using marketing bollox to try and nurture us into conning the public for double the price for materials.

All British Gypsum are interested in now is making money!

How soon?
How quick?
How much?

These are the only 3 questions domestic customers want answering!

I don't know what planet British Gypsum are on these days offering all these new G** products when they can't get any consistency with their bread & butter products.

They have totally lost touch with the tradesmen that spend thousands with them each year, preferring to churn out crap in sub standard packaging.
While at the same time using marketing bollox to try and nurture us into conning the public for double the price for materials.

All British Gypsum are interested in now is making money!
So British Gypsum, a billion pound company, with shareholders are only interested in making money?!? Wow who would of thought, I thought they were a charity .........

I think way to many plasterers just like routine hence the argument about new plasters .. me personally I think it's exciting seeing other stuff come out and getting to try it and offering customers something different.
Im Sick of looking at orange multi finish.... It's almost like hearing they just don't want to adapt or finding it hard too I guess it's probably why this trade is so far behind of others as in moving forward.

I think way to many plasterers just like routine hence the argument about new plasters .. me personally I think it's exciting seeing other stuff come out and getting to try it and offering customers something different.
Im Sick of looking at orange multi finish.... It's almost like hearing they just don't want to adapt or finding it hard too I guess it's probably why this trade is so far behind of others as in moving forward.

So apparently dura finish has been around years, hardly new is it ?

It's new as far as bringing it in to the domestic side mainly used for commercial.
A lot of plasterers hadn't a clue about it so yes it's new for a lot of people.
True that is what it's about innit , tbh most site guys have probably used a bag of it and not been bothered but place into domestic environment , it's another option for customers and new