THREE COAT SKIMING

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
kirk johnstone said:
madmonk said:
what shape is the coving your doing kirk you can use thin alum if you like or zinc as long as it works it will be fine

av gone for quite a simple shap because its my first1

it projects 6'' ad is 8'' deep and is just a dasic curve with 3 steps at the top and 5 at the bottom.

if that makes any sense?

i don't think that it is going to look beautiful but i didn't want to go to crazy on my first go ???

kirk johnstone said:
all defo take picks mate even if it f u k s up, that will be a good laugh for everyone, where can i get joint rules from mate? oh an i know wot you mean about going past the angle with running rules but lucky for me its all internals. wot do i grease the rules with? an thanks for the tip on the muffle.

p.s i made my templates out of a sheet of aluminium will this be ok? its all filed smooth.

sorry for all the questions but please try and answer all ;)

Bees wax, yeh aluminium should be fine.

flynnyman said:
kirk johnstone said:
all defo take picks mate even if it f u k s up, that will be a good laugh for everyone, where can i get joint rules from mate? oh an i know wot you mean about going past the angle with running rules but lucky for me its all internals. wot do i grease the rules with? an thanks for the tip on the muffle.

p.s i made my templates out of a sheet of aluminium will this be ok? its all filed smooth.

sorry for all the questions but please try and answer all ;)

Bees wax, yeh aluminium should be fine.

sound cheers, oh and i was looking at joint rules an wot size should i get or do i need a few?

madmonk said:
how you going to cut the shape out of your alum kirk have ya got somethin sorted

i used tin snips then a file and then some emery cloth. its all quite smooth.

is this ok or is there a beta way mate?

madmonk said:
no thats fine give it a blast see how you go

will do as soon as i get some cash for the plaster.

christmas has left me broke. 2 kids + 2 dogs + 1 horse + mad wife x christmas = me skint :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.