Tilers

Members online

Rossi46

Private Member
Since when did Tilers rates outstrip plasterers and even plumbers?! Third job I was on today where the customer said they couldn't find a tiler and the ones they got were booked up for 3 months ahead and they were charging at least £200 a day?! :frenetico:
How on earth can tilers charge so much more than plasterers and people are paying their rates!!

Is anyone else aware of this semi skilled trade doing so well @cassie:inocente:

I spoke to A tiler by me who charges around £30 - £35 per square metre. Quite a nice little wedge that!! And no dodgy shoulder at the end of it!

I can't believe it. When I served my time tiling was a bit of a joke job that failed plasterers did. If you can plaster you can certainly tile and now they are outstripping day rates by nearly double!!! Madness.

Typical splash back 5-7 metres easy day. Bathrooms are the money makers but you have to be into the bathroom fitting or you don't get a look in as the plumber will always have mates..

Conny floors are good. Big square areas and usually flat !

Always find people haggle in the plastering price but no where near as much on the tiling.. The public perceive It to be higher skill.. I'm not saying that's right btw

I heard a friend the other day. Told me joiners on top end sites on £200 for fitting door furniture all day on price work

No doubt when people get a sniff that tiling is good money it'll be mobbed like plastering is. Supply outstrips demand and the rates drop just like for us gypsum technicians.

What people say they get and what they get can be completely different.
What I'm saying is from the paying customers mouths though. Why would they lie. Heard it a few times recently. £1000 a week quite easily on domestic.

Plastering comements the tiling well.. As a plasterer you will be on the job before the tilers if your doin the prep so your first to quote before the customers start calling the tilers

Mates a bathroom fitter he can do plastering , tiling and the plumbing ( not gas) he can do £1000 on a 7 day bathroom re fit but it's not easy work. Stuck in a prison cell for a week. Customers arsey if the job runs over as there without a bathroom

What I'm saying is from the paying customers mouths though. Why would they lie. Heard it a few times recently. £1000 a week quite easily on domestic.
I wasn't saying that to u. Am just saying there is a lot of bullshit told when it comes to money.

It can be good money @£25 a m2 large floors with large tiles your laughing,sometimes just having to lay 3 or 4 tiles for £25 if you can lay 20/30m2 a day which isn't a huge amount for a decent tiler you can see how the £ can stack up.:envidioso

£25??? Kinells fire. A GOOD tiler local to me charges 15 euro for cash, that's just over a tenner and his work is clinical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never tried tiling... my friend is a super tiler but hates doing it but I know when he is tiling he clears £1k a week.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Right so I may give up plastering and start tiling and painting. What is a ballpark figure for a self-employed plasterer to be making a day in the UK. No fighting over this i know it depends where u are in the UK.

Right so I may give up plastering and start tiling and painting. What is a ballpark figure for a self-employed plasterer to be making a day in the UK. No fighting over this i know it depends where u are in the UK.

I'm thinking the same thing! From the prices I've seen from a decorator and tiler! They must be laughing at us!!!