Tilers

Now fellas I'm a tiler myself and plasterers make my life a misery boarding walls out of level not squaring corners leaving lips in the borading and dips and bumps in my experience plasterers jusy can't work to the fine tolerances us tilers do I've bin forced to do all my own prep work coz of this haha controversial I know

Back when tiling was part of the plasterers remit, they would often tile directly onto the block/brickwork. Just saying......

Now fellas I'm a tiler myself and plasterers make my life a misery boarding walls out of level not squaring corners leaving lips in the borading and dips and bumps in my experience plasterers jusy can't work to the fine tolerances us tilers do I've bin forced to do all my own prep work coz of this haha controversial I know

I hope your not such a prick to your customers [emoji108]I hate it when "you tilers" want an over skim done and leave all the adhesive on the wall [emoji108][emoji108]

Touchy touchy so everyone with a problem with what I said are probably the sort of plasters I'm talking about always got a excuse for doin a bad job

In afraid you don't know what the Fek your talking about. The square walls and the fine tolerances start with the bricklayer and studwalls. They leave the shady work. Why should we be the ones to rectify. We do our best but it's not fair we get shafted ever way. Then have boys like u coming along thinking we are a lazy bunch.

If it's any sort of plastering working in a tiling area it should be plumb and square or its a bad job I can forgive lads on site but in private houses high end top spec jobs it's unforgivable if I can get the walls plumb and square so can a plaster it's just being lazy

If it's any sort of plastering working in a tiling area it should be plumb and square or its a bad job I can forgive lads on site but in private houses high end top spec jobs it's unforgivable if I can get the walls plumb and square so can a plaster it's just being lazy
[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28] I bet your own top notch ain't it!! Not one problem with it at all! But I guarantee if someone tiles to the exact same standard you would you would still find a snag just to be a c**t

Haha u comedian flat and plumb is the way it should be if your happy doin a bad job that's upto you but I like to do things properly

Its funny cos I know he's trying to get a rise but im still looking forward to reading everyone calling him c**t and taking the bait.

Only guilty spay happy trowel monkeys are annoyed by my post coz it struck a nerve just be better at ur job have some pride in ur work don't just be another poor to average plasterer well actually most plasterers now can only skim board I've seen guys lost when u ask the to bond stuff to get a plumb and level surface

What's your day rate kylethetile or are you that good people just can't afford you and your bitter because you have no work on [emoji16]

Don't work on day price I work on price per meter and the price depends on the type of tile being fitted but roughly £30 sqm to £50 sqm for any stone

That's a little pic of a silver grey travatine bathroom for u fukface

Attachments

• tmp_4639-20140922_094905-80724896.jpg
    tmp_4639-20140922_094905-80724896.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 410
I looked at tiling when looking for a career change but eventually decided on plastering. I also thought about plumbing and electrical work but I felt that they were to boring to be honest. I think with plastering and even tiling you have some form of expression with what you do. A room can be like a canvas and your trowel is the brush. It gives me a lot of satisfaction whereas I feel had I have done electrics or plumbing I wouldn't get that reward from the work.

I looked at tiling when looking for a career change but eventually decided on plastering. I also thought about plumbing and electrical work but I felt that they were to boring to be honest. I think with plastering and even tiling you have some form of expression with what you do. A room can be like a canvas and your trowel is the brush. It gives me a lot of satisfaction whereas I feel had I have done electrics or plumbing I wouldn't get that reward from the work.

Reactions: Pug
That's a nice bit of cutting around the soil pipe in the floor Kyle. Nice to see you could actually be bothered to cut to the shape you were actually going round rather than just butt up to it with a square cut. On, no, hang on....

That's a nice bit of cutting around the soil pipe in the floor Kyle. Nice to see you could actually be bothered to cut to the shape you were actually going round rather than just butt up to it with a square cut. On, no, hang on....
The shitt!er will cover it! [emoji106]

I live in Hertfordshire . I do tiling and plastering . I charge £25o for a standerd kitchen splash back . Days labour Sbr primer adhesive grout silicone spacers it can go over to the next day for grouting tho . But people rip my hand off at this price