To lime or not to lime....

Scotty91

image.jpeg
hi guys. I need to make a decision on how to cover this wall and three similar to it. Bath stone cottage but a previous owner has used cement mortar to repoint. After re-pointing one room I really don't have the appetite for another. I also don't need to be overwhelmed by stone to tell me I live in a stone cottage. One wall is internal (to next door) others are external but no damp problems.

My current train of thought is to lime plaster on top of wool wool boards to add a tad of insulation. Would welcome the thoughts of the more experienced though....

Thanks

View attachment 16942 hi guys. I need to make a decision on how to cover this wall and three similar to it. Bath stone cottage but a previous owner has used cement mortar to repoint. After re-pointing one room I really don't have the appetite for another. I also don't need to be overwhelmed by stone to tell me I live in a stone cottage. One wall is internal (to next door) others are external but no damp problems.

My current train of thought is to lime plaster on top of wool wool boards to add a tad of insulation. Would welcome the thoughts of the more experienced though....

Thanks

Hi Scotty,
I'd suggest completing re-pointing, as leaving cement mortar could potentially cause moisture trapping issues in a longer run. Sure you could use Bauwer material in order to insulate the stone walls, Feel free to give us me a call at 07553353931 or drop us an email at info@bauwer.co.uk.

Regards, Alexander