Total noob (from Chichester, West Sussex)

rich1983

Good morning all.

My name is Rich, I'm 34 and I am new to plastering. I live in Selsey which is next to Chichester.

I have a varied employment background (nothing manly) but most recently IT... I had to resign over a disagreement in January and have pretty much been out of work since.

My whole house needs some plastering (cracked and uneven walls, nasty artex ceilings!) so my wife suggested I do a course so that if nothing else I can do our house! I've completed two weeks of a three week very basic City and Guilds course and I am enjoying it a lot. My plan at this point is to gain experience doing my own house and perhaps seeking some local work to keep the pennies rolling in.

I found this forum searching for information on tools and working over artex and it seems like a great place to take advantage of all those old hands who have invaluable experience, which I am sure I'll need to lean on while doing my own home!

So this is me saying 'hi' :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hello rich, good luck mate hopefully you can carve a career out of it if you can find someone to help you on a bit

Yeah I defo could do with getting some real experience before I f**k something up properly. If anyone locally has the time to let me view some jobs in progress I'm happy to pitch in and knock up.

Welcome rich if you believe in yourself enough to become a plasterer you will be it's as simple as that ... there's a new destiny for everyone out there .. I believe everyone on this earth is here to either make a difference or witness something big coming this way.
This maybe encouraged by Peroni but hopefully someone will give you a chance good luck

Hello rich, good luck mate hopefully you can carve a career out of it if you can find someone to help you on a bit
Welcome rich if you believe in yourself enough to become a plasterer you will be it's as simple as that ... there's a new destiny for everyone out there .. I believe everyone on this earth is here to either make a difference or witness something big coming this way.
This maybe encouraged by Peroni but hopefully someone will give you a chance good luck
Luckily since posting this message (but being proactive and getting in touch with people on this forum) I have managed to bag a week as a plasterers labourer week before last, and week starting Monday.

Thanks for your encouragement gents! I'm really enjoying it so far. My delicate typists hands however are protesting and the blisters are quickly turning into callouses!

Welcome along :D

I am quite near to you :D
I see by your profile you are WS based. I'm local to you and willing to work for relative peanuts in exchange for learning so if you are short a chap at any point please bear me in mind :)

Also many apologies to everyone who has posted. My tardy reply is due to the fact that I did not receive notifications for this thread! Now corrected.

I see by your profile you are WS based. I'm local to you and willing to work for relative peanuts in exchange for learning so if you are short a chap at any point please bear me in mind :)

Also many apologies to everyone who has posted. My tardy reply is due to the fact that I did not receive notifications for this thread! Now corrected.

Hiya I am no longer on the tools :D Do a bit now and again but not often :D

Stick with it and get stuck in :D

Ahh, such enthusiasm is delightful to witness......
Welcome matey.....hope it all goes well.....
Glad the shite we spout has been helpful......we are all trying to cultivate as much good karma as we can....