Towing a trailer

Members online

:mad:Not relaxing for all the car drivers that get stuck behind you on narrow country roads .GRRRrrrrrrrrrrr
True mate, I've been amazed at how many people that drive on motorway at under 60 mph ( I.e 57/56 mph) too, as I approach them I always think it must be some old biddy who can hardly see or something but when I over take and look , to my shock 9/10 times it's just some normal idiot.

True mate, I've been amazed at how many people that drive on motorway at under 60 mph ( I.e 57/56 mph) too, as I approach them I always think it must be some old biddy who can hardly see or something but when I over take and look , to my shock 9/10 times it's just some normal idiot.

There is nowt wrong with going that speed, towing trailers and commercials are 60 limit anyway.......... But doing 57 compared to 67 feels soooooooooo slow lol

Just remember this is MAM...... I think that's like gross. I have had this one many times through towing sand around (same age as you) You need a trailer plated low enough.

You can't tow a trailer plated at 3500kg even if it's not loaded.

This is a minefield for problems tbh

I think I need to load up and take it all to a weighbridge :D

I think I need to load up and take it all to a weighbridge :D
I wouldn't be too concerned about it Danny, UK police is very relaxed about it compared to the continent.
I've been towing trailers up and down the country the past decade, not once I got pulled over

I wouldn't be too concerned about it Danny, UK police is very relaxed about it compared to the continent.
I've been towing trailers up and down the country the past decade, not once I got pulled over

I would just like to know I am the right side of the law :D

I would just like to know I am the right side of the law :D
As long as you under 3.5t you be fine.
My father in law had the same issue, he was towing his old boat for a few years with an ML, cos the v5 said it's capable towing 3t, then a friend who's a copper said legally you can only be 3.5t car+trailer+load.

As long as you under 3.5t you be fine.
My father in law had the same issue, he was towing his old boat for a few years with an ML, cos the v5 said it's capable towing 3t, then a friend who's a copper said legally you can only be 3.5t car+trailer+load.

the x3 has a towing weight of 1600Kgs so I should be fine :D