Tyrolean - lime

basset

Hi lads and ladies,

After a quick bit of advice -

I am doing tyrolean repair on an old building where a new extension meets it.
The tyrolean finish on the old part has come away from the top coat And is just hanging on.

On first inspection the top coat sounds and looks in good condition. They have no damp problems also.

They want a quick fix so was wondering what mix you guys would use for a lime tyrolean to match in with the rest and is it ok to scape back the blown tyrolean finish then mix some fresh and spray on to match in as best as possible as the background looks good and surprisingly clean.

Cheers all

Hi lads and ladies,

After a quick bit of advice -

I am doing tyrolean repair on an old building where a new extension meets it.
The tyrolean finish on the old part has come away from the top coat And is just hanging on.

On first inspection the top coat sounds and looks in good condition. They have no damp problems also.

They want a quick fix so was wondering what mix you guys would use for a lime tyrolean to match in with the rest and is it ok to scape back the blown tyrolean finish then mix some fresh and spray on to match in as best as possible as the background looks good and surprisingly clean.

Cheers all
I haven't done it before but I would use NHL 2 with silver sand. Maybe 1 lme, 3 sand.

@Bauwer can your exeterier finishes be flicked on with a tyrolean gun??

Hi @basset, there is specific tyrolean render called Vimark Strolatto, max grain size 5mm which we do not stock as not many requests. I've been also told that Monochrome was used with tyrolean application as well.

if the tyrolean is going to be painted spray a very wet sand and cement. you can add lime to the mix if required. i have never seen or sprayed a lime tyrolean.

if the tyrolean is going to be painted spray a very wet sand and cement. you can add lime to the mix if required. i have never seen or sprayed a lime tyrolean.

Yeah I've done it with sand and cement but need the building to be breathable.
I've spoken to the guys at Mike Wye and think I have a plan now.

Just want this weather to make up its mind - bloody showers!!