Tyrolean render repair

Members online

No members online now.

CSC

Good evening,

I'm after some advice, this is the exterior of my house after removing the old porch and building a new one.

Basically I would like complete beginners advice on how I should do this repair?

Also in the 3rd picture you can see the apex roof line, which I have attached a render stop bead to. I would like to render off the existing render down to this, is this possible? Do I need to hack off the existing tyrolean or not?

I would be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6163.JPG
    IMG_6163.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 486
  • IMG_6164.JPG
    IMG_6164.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 3,410
  • IMG_6165.JPG
    IMG_6165.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 655
Pig of a job. Fill in in layers flush with the tyrolean surface and then feather in gradually. Overspray on the patch and blend into the tyrolean.

Bit of hit and miss matching the texture. Try at first and make wetter or stiffer to suit.

Take your time, rush it and it will look rubbish. Spray a layer and leave to go 'green' at least or even set then spray again. It may take 4 sprays.

Thanks for the reply.

And as for the tapered bit down to the stop bead, shall I build that up in layers?

Will it be ok to render straight over the existing tyrolean to create this taper down onto the stop bead?

Many thanks

Rather than start a new thread I have a similar question,
We have ember asked to repair a full house of poorly applied tyrolean, but with a different system

The work is uneven through the house and the owner would prefer either scratched or TC render going over it so what are my options?

Rendaid
10mm (could possibly need to be 15mm to even it out)
2 x base
Top coat

EWI rasped to get flat then 6mm TC

What would the spec be for parex scratched?

Rather than start a new thread I have a similar question,
We have ember asked to repair a full house of poorly applied tyrolean, but with a different system

The work is uneven through the house and the owner would prefer either scratched or TC render going over it so what are my options?

Rendaid
10mm (could possibly need to be 15mm to even it out)
2 x base
Top coat

EWI rasped to get flat then 6mm TC

What would the spec be for parex scratched?

you will get a good key from tyrolean. you may have high suction which would be ok for mono.