Useless

Members online

Formby plastering

Does anybody no if the refina ones are stainless

Attachments

• 20170509_152949.jpg
    20170509_152949.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 529
I think there's a few new blades on the horizon from speedskim but there's a all new plastic finishing blade that's tipped with 1mm pvc its slighty more rigid than a plazzyflex trowel a lot straighter and the build quality is bullett proof.
20170506_083440.jpg

I made a diy version of this about a 6 months ago.
It's mint.
20170429_193400-1.jpg

I think there's a few new blades on the horizon from speedskim but there's a all new plastic finishing blade that's tipped with 1mm pvc its slighty more rigid than a plazzyflex trowel a lot straighter and the build quality is bullett proof.View attachment 17854
I made a diy version of this about a 6 months ago.
It's mint.View attachment 17855
Have they paired up with ox tools wern't sure if that was a copy.. may just have to grab one of those then

Have they paired up with ox tools wern't sure if that was a copy.. may just have to grab one of those then

Yeah, I'm not completely sure the reasons for the pairing up with ox but if it gives speedskim the additional resources to help develop new kit thats as good as this, then it's win win, obviously as long as the pricing remains competitive.

I'd also have to say that I didn't pay for this it was sent for me to trial. when I speak to Scott from speedskim next I'll be offering to pay for it cause it is very very good.

I got the Nela midget trowel and it works with the Delehedy a treat

Bought that new stainless Speedskim last year cos I wanted to be like @Vincey , tbh I`ve still been using the 18" NelaFlex 2 or Refina s*p*r*lex 2 for most things...

Ive been using a cavity closure recently on a loft conversion I'm doing, ive been impressed.

@scottie5 once you have the gear on do you not use a trowel speeskim rang from start to finish?
I love speedskim for flattening but don't think I could go a full set without a trowel. As good as the speedskim is there's always the odd hollow here and there that needs filled, that I can only do with a trowel. Your work is always spot on, as do a lot of members on here. I sometimes think it would be great idea to do a wee tour of the UK meeting up with different members on jobs and seeing their ways of working.

Then I remember plastering is s**t and most of you are c**ts

I think a light shone across alot of flexi or speedyd walls would show a brave few humps and hollows. I trowelled after a speedy flatten and a flexi first trowel, and all looked good then with the steep trowel it was showing lots. Of wee spots needed filled out, whereas the flex Trowel or I assume speedy would have trowelled it as it was and just smootjed over the wee hollows. Looks good until it's painted or light on it?

the st blade will knock skim down as flat as anything as long as you put enough gear on the board to begin with. 1 quick flatten with the st if there are any misses , humps or hollows they should really be sorted on this first flatten, then its just another pass with it once it's picked up a bit and that should leave not much left to do just a case of twitching angles and also tidying any awkward areas.
then the last couple of passes with your normal weapon of choice.
maybe once over with a steel and then a final dry one with either the steel or plastic.
if you'd normally use a plazzy flex for the last pass then the new pf blade from speedskim is great its essentially a 3ft long plazzy flex and it seems built to last ( the one I've been hammering has done over 2000m2 and counting).
and because it's actually straight the less pressure you put on it the better, so even if you do hit anything you won't be pressing hard enough to damage the blade.
where the pf speedskim really kicks the other plazzis into touch though is when it's used with the pole attachment for ceilings it's the dogs danglies.

20170509_174724.jpg

the wall here was just plastic start to finish, I went a bit mad with the pf blade to see how much of a shine it was possible to achieve (paint that you filthy animals :LOL:).
20170522_171714.jpg

the st blade will knock skim down as flat as anything as long as you put enough gear on the board to begin with. 1 quick flatten with the st if there are any misses , humps or hollows they should really be sorted on this first flatten, then its just another pass with it once it's picked up a bit and that should leave not much left to do just a case of twitching angles and also tidying any awkward areas.
maybe once over with a steel and then a final dry one with either the steel or plastic.
if you'd normally use a plazzy flex for the last pass then the new pf blade from speedskim is great its essentially a 3ft long plazzy flex and it seems built to last ( the one I've been hammering has done over 2000m2 and counting).
and because it's actually straight the less pressure you put on it the better, so even if you do hit anything you won't be pressing hard enough to damage the blade.
where the pf speedskim really kicks the other plazzis into touch though is when it's used with the pole attachment for ceilings it's the dogs danglies.

View attachment 18340

the wall here was just plastic start to finish, I went a bit mad with the pf blade to see how much of a shine it was possible to achieve (paint that you filthy animals :LOL:).
View attachment 18341
The decorators love speed skim

View attachment 18340

View attachment 18341
I can remember one of yer comments if it's mixed up like piss it's half the battle u can get it on easier n flatter anyway
I normally use the plazi for last pass
What size of pf blade do u use for ceilings 600mm as normal

View attachment 18340

View attachment 18341
Looks the part Scottie, it was the blue one was used for first flatten off a pole (me and other lad coated them, then other lad closed one in with the flexi, and I finished them with ss, and found there were odd wee dips just when put the steel one over it, not many now, but if I had used my flexi over it, it wouldn't have picked them out. That said, seemed a good job for flattening in. I'd say if it had have been steel trowelled straight after then would have been OK just imo flexi on it a pass too soon. I'd say if were to get onto them they would be decent bit of kit. Boss has the metal blade one, but he only really uses it on ceiling angles or rounds to help keep them good and straight. I found the skim tearing a bit using it, so not overly fussed on it. Prob just neednto get on it lol earlier than would with a trowel.