venetian course

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
HI all.

Was hoping to hear from someone who has perhaps done a venetian course ibid the last 18 months. Was wondering whether it's paid off and are you getting regular work or is it too niche and expensive for most customers???

I say its always good to learn a new skill set and add to what you can do for experience

the venetian is odd job here odd job there for us as not everyone likes it or wants to pay for it, having said that we are geared up for rendering so we dont promote or push it in any way - something we are thinking about though. My idea is most people may just think of the high gloss bright coloured stuff with loads of vein/marble but there are some very very nice products/finishes other than this.
you should see Moe's bathroom walls, they look absolutely mint like they were cut from a single piece of stone.

give it a bash I say windy.

are Moe has been doing it years he did a course with polished plaster co. years back but I also hear GT do a good course now say the boys on here say like

Hi there, i'm doing the weekend course at Gold Trowel this weekend with the hope of specializing mainly in venetian plastering. Its just a two day course but if it pays off im going to go back and do the two week one. I've got quite a few existing customers who are really interested in the polished finish.

Hi there,

The weekend course went really well and was pretty inspiring. I'd definitely recommend it!!

What your next step then mike? Could you, for instance, tackle your bathroom or practice mor test panels?

Since the course two weeks ago i've done ten decent sized boards and a feature wall at home in classic and carrara finishes. The next step is the downstairs loo and then the bathroom in amongst more sample boards and then hopefully onto some jobs. I've got four jobs in the pipeline so practicing pretty intensely. Will try to get some pics uploaded

Since the course two weeks ago i've done ten decent sized boards and a feature wall at home in classic and carrara finishes. The next step is the downstairs loo and then the bathroom in amongst more sample boards and then hopefully onto some jobs. I've got four jobs in the pipeline so practicing pretty intensely. Will try to get some pics uploaded

good on yer mike :RpS_thumbup:

To get started i bought 2 x 24kg tubs of plaster. Primer, wax, a colour, 2 x trowels, a bucket trowel, a spatula and a whisk. All in about £460.00. The plaster that i bought will be expendable in practicing. One tub is classic and the other carrara

Status
Not open for further replies.