Vimark or Parex over painted render?

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1502515039.062481.jpg

[emoji2]

ive just been given two test bags to try. two monochrome and two arenino vk2. obviously applying by hand. im not to find anyone in liverpool who has used to not entirely sure how to rub it up? anyone got any videos of it being finished. thanks lads.

NEW VIMARK RENDER STOCKIST! Vimark Render is pleased to announce that FS Trade are now stocking wide range of Vimark renders, including full scratch render system Monochrome in five popular colours. Other material in stock includes fibre reinforced base coats Rasolite which can be used directly on old tired renders and painted surfaces, fibre reinforced Monochrome grey, over brick and block work base coat as well as high adhesion primer Monogrip, siloxane sealer Vimasil Aqua, insulation adhesive and base coat Polyfix, fibre reinforced silane-acrylic thin coat Color.VK and cost efficient thin coat Arenino VK2 and many many more are available on order.

Please contact FS Trade at 0151 363 1677 or visit at 5 Wilson Rd, Liverpool L36 6FH

ive just got some free gear off them to try.
they wasnt too sure how to rub the finish coat up?

ive just got some free gear off them to try.
they wasnt too sure how to rub the finish coat up?

This is how it finishes rubbed with a plastic float as you would with thin coat.

Attachments

• 1503436792349.jpg
    1503436792349.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 312
ive just been given two test bags to try. two monochrome and two arenino vk2. obviously applying by hand. im not to find anyone in liverpool who has used to not entirely sure how to rub it up? anyone got any videos of it being finished. thanks lads.

Hi Mate, @duke163 posted above Arenino VK2 sponged finish which you would normally apply over base coat. Monochrome is one coat monocouche scratch render, you would typically finish it with scratch finish, same finish as you could see in the sample book. I also PM'ed you details of Graeme Shelton from Liverpool, who are using both Vimark and Bauwer gear. His recent manual Monochrome application in Liverpool:

Attachments

• Colour books.JPG
    Colour books.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 322
  • FS TRADE 4.jpg
    FS TRADE 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 466
Vimark's fibre reinforced Rasolite base coat spraying over old tired coloured render. Rasolite is an ideal solution over old but solid painted render in the need of restoration. Breathable lime-based Rasolite has an excellent adhesion performance and could be finished with a wide range of thin coats. Project by @Curry Plastering: https://youtu.be/T4bJXYrnEuM

Last edited:
@Bauwer. I have a couple of jobs to do going over existing. Can i use rasolite then a dash receiver then dash? Also, is it available in scotland? Cheers..

Fibre reinforced Rasolite base coat is designed for over old solid render application, so yes, you can use it over existing solid render.

It is not stocked in Scotland just yet. I'd suggest contacting @Plasterers1StopShop as they got some good delivery rate for Scotland on Rasolite.

@Bauwer doing my own house in next couple of months and planning going over a sandtex finish. What would you recommend, will be spraying it.

Hi @stuart23, sandtex paint over old render or sandtex paint over brickwork? Is it solid paint, could you post a photo of a substrate please? Thanks mate

Rasolite stu mate also I think I might of heard wrong but Arenino vk 2 might be ok but I'm not sure on the last one

Rasolite is over old painted render base coat.

If the substrate is painted brickwork, I'd suggest removing all lose paint, sanding at least 50% of a solid paint, then applying Monogrip, high adhesion primer and fibre reinforced Monochrome grey base coat over substrate prepared with Monogrip:
https://www.vimark.co.uk/products/adhesion-primer-monogrip/

Arenino VK2 could be also used as a single coat, sponged finish over old painted render with addition of 1L of latex per bag of Arenino VK2.

It's over old render with a good few cracks in it. I've tagged you in a post with a pic

Thanks @stuart23 , I just had a look, there are cracks in the old render and I am not sure if all the old render is solid? Assuming that some areas are lose, I'd suggest removing those weak areas of old render and replacing those areas with fibre reinforced Monochrome grey base coat. Then you could overcoat old solid render with cracks in it and the new repaired area with fibre reinforced Rasolite and embedding Vimark's Armanet 150g/m2 4x4 mesh as well within 6mm to 8mm layer of Rasolite base coat. Fibre reinforced silane-acrylic thin coat COLOR.VK would be suggested robust and low weight finishing coat which could be sprayed as well. This is the same specification which was applied recently at 1,000m2 regeneration project in Kent by @Curry

Thanks @stuart23 , I just had a look, there are cracks in the old render and I am not sure if all the old render is solid? Assuming that some areas are lose, I'd suggest removing those weak areas of old render and replacing those areas with fibre reinforced Monochrome grey base coat. Then you could overcoat old solid render with cracks in it and the new repaired area with fibre reinforced Rasolite and embedding Vimark's Armanet 150g/m2 4x4 mesh as well within 6mm to 8mm layer of Rasolite base coat. Fibre reinforced silane-acrylic thin coat COLOR.VK would be suggested robust and low weight finishing coat which could be sprayed as well. This is the same specification which was applied recently at 1,000m2 regeneration project in Kent by @Curry
Excuse the ignorance as I've never done a thin coat system, the base coat of rasolite would this be floated or scratched ready for top coat and whats the price roughly per m2? Any pics of the finished job in Kent?

Excuse the ignorance as I've never done a thin coat system, the base coat of rasolite would this be floated or scratched ready for top coat and whats the price roughly per m2? Any pics of the finished job in Kent?

Hi Mate, fibre reinforced Rasolite is a base coat, you apply finishing coat or 3mm thin coat over the Rasolite. Please see the photos and a video as per your request:

Attachments

• 1 Kent.jpg
    1 Kent.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 296
  • 2 Kent.jpg
    2 Kent.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 3 Kent.jpg
    3 Kent.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 4 Kent.jpg
    4 Kent.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 250
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 7 Kent.jpg
    7 Kent.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 8 Kent.jpg
    8 Kent.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 290
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 238
Man I'm confused , anyway I have a garden wall which is blocks was gonna use rasolite but reading up is it ok over the painted bricks or should I apply the monogrip first let dry then go with monochrome? Also is the monochrome white like curry is spraying on that video ? Is monochrome ok to paint ?

Man I'm confused , anyway I have a garden wall which is blocks was gonna use rasolite but reading up is it ok over the painted bricks or should I apply the monogrip first let dry then go with monochrome? Also is the monochrome white like curry is spraying on that video ? Is monochrome ok to paint ?

Hi @Vincey
That's correct, fibre reinforced Rasolite is used over old solid render in a need of renovation but not over painted bricks or painted blocks.

For painted bricks or blocks I'd suggest sanding at least 50% of paint and applying high adhesion primer Monogrip.

You could apply Monochrome coloured over the substrate prepared with Monogrip or applying fibre reinforced Monochrome grey base coat and finish with a thin coat.

Monochrome 01 Alpine white bianco is really white, yes :)

Any reason why your man in the youtube video blocking out that old brick wall with piss wet gear?

Surely be better using a basecoat mixed thicker?

Any reason why your man in the youtube video blocking out that old brick wall with piss wet gear?

Surely be better using a basecoat mixed thicker?

@GrantyBoy not sure what video are you referring too....did you mean fibre reinforced Rasolite base coat application video by @Curry ? Could you post a link to the video you mentioned? cheers

Fibre reinforced Rasolite base coat is typically applied at 6mm thickness over old render in a need of renovation. One bag of Rasolite would cover 2.8m2 at 6mm thickness.

@GrantyBoy not sure what video are you referring too....did you mean fibre reinforced Rasolite base coat application video by @Curry ? Could you post a link to the video you mentioned? cheers

Fibre reinforced Rasolite base coat is typically applied at 6mm thickness over old render in a need of renovation. One bag of Rasolite would cover 2.8m2 at 6mm thickness.
Are the silicone finishes available in different colours? And if yes is there a minimum quantity I'd have to order ?

Are the silicone finishes available in different colours? And if yes is there a minimum quantity I'd have to order ?

Hello @Vincey , fibre reinforced silane-acrylic COLOR.VK in three grain sizes 1.5mm, 1.2mm and 1.0mm available in the wise variety of Natural 2.0 range of colours. At the moment minimal order is nine 25kg tubs but we'll be starting tinting COLOR.VK locally with minimal order to be just one 25kg tub.

https://www.vimark.co.uk/products/decorative-coating-color-vk/

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 241
We offer two options going over tired painted solid render. First one fibre reinforced Rasolite as a base coat with thin-coat finish. The second option is also robust but considerably cheaper alternative and easier to apply - Arenino mineral thin coat with addition of 1 liter of Vimarlatex 663 per bag. The second option is generally preferred for more flat substrates and possibly could be sealed with Vimasil Aqua siloxane sealer as an option.
Sorry for all the questions, do you mean Arenino can go straight over the old render ? With no rasolite first