Waterproof in scratch

Members online

We use cementone waterproofer in our scratch coat,mix it in the water b4 adding to mixer,mixed results with the drying,any suggestions on a waterproofer that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't rate waterproof at all. It makes the mix to soft and dusty when drying it. And they don't know why it's called waterproofer because it's not waterproof.

In theory, and I say this as a builder not a plasterer, waterproofer is unnecessary in a mortar on a vertical surface even if it hasn't been coated/painted. The caveat being that in very exposed places subject to continuous driving rain you will get some penetration. Even then if the wall is a cavity or rubble fill then it's too little to make it all the way through.

Everbuild evermix 3in1 is good stuff. Kills suction n makes the gear nice 2 spread. Ive used loads of different brands over the years this stuff is the best ive come across. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Cheers for the replies,will definately take a look for that stuff,hard to beat even suction

In theory, and I say this as a builder not a plasterer, waterproofer is unnecessary in a mortar on a vertical surface even if it hasn't been coated/painted. The caveat being that in very exposed places subject to continuous driving rain you will get some penetration. Even then if the wall is a cavity or rubble fill then it's too little to make it all the way through.

we only use a waterproofer to control the suction. i.e. stone dash finish.

Yup that's the only reason I use it,to get the suction under control,mind a man I worked with would only use medusa,he swore by it

we only use a waterproofer to control the suction. i.e. stone dash finish.

There's a lot of stuff in the building game that people swear by and say it's the best way, but mostly it's just the way people do things because that's how they were taught. Personally, I don't think it matters what you do or use as long as the end result is right.

Everbuild 3 in 1 is good in scratch. We leave at least 3 to 5 days between coats longer if poss. Feb in top coat. Mostly for our benifit easier to work. And its years of trying stuff out. The sand is vital we cant get bredon sand round this parts anymore also bluecircle and recently found quin cement work well dont use mastercrete it has feb in it. Render can be very rewarding work if materials are good or its hell with no rewards is way i see it.

Never use waterproofer, just good quality feb
What Feb are you using? I'm using silver sand at the at the moment and I'm finding I have to put more and more waterproof in the mix to get any sort of life out of the gear. 5:1:1 mix left to turn over in the mixer but it just isn't right

What Feb are you using? I'm using silver sand at the at the moment and I'm finding I have to put more and more waterproof in the mix to get any sort of life out of the gear. 5:1:1 mix left to turn over in the mixer but it just isn't right
Optimix one shot, the stuff you squeeze to the top. Just finished a house in stoke Gabriel and gear was lovely to use