What goes through there heads?

Members online

No members online now.

roryston

I priced a rendering job up back in September last year. It was a whole house. Quite bad condition.

They went and got other quotes along with mine but eventually rang me in the middle of November and said they will take me on it.

I didn't start until February as I didn't want to work in the cold and shite weather. Got the gaball scratched down then had to pull off because they were waiting for Windows to be fitted.

They rang me 2 weeks ago saying Windows have been fitted and there ready for me to start.

Ok I said well I'm busy at the moment and to be honest I have no idea when I can get to you. But I'll pop over on a Monday morning and see where were at and sort a date with you.....

Went there yesturday morning and had a chat. Facias still all need ripping off and replacing before I start the front and back. So theres ones thing.

Oh I said do.you want me to organise the scaffold for front and back? As that still isn't there....... ah she said about that........ we spoke to our neighbour he said he s happy for you to use his ally tower.

I laughed but she wasn't joking. I said no way am I lugging around sand cement trying to balance 10 foot up on top a tower. It will take me twice as long and if I fall off I wont be able to work. So no.

She followed by saying can you just give it a go and see how you get on. Nope no chance I said. It'll be a disaster for the sake of £500/£800 You could potentially put me in hospital or have yourselfs a shite job.

Still. Can you just see how you find it on there.

I walked off said give me a call if you want scaffold and the job done.

Haven't heard anything from them.

I priced a rendering job up back in September last year. It was a whole house. Quite bad condition.

They went and got other quotes along with mine but eventually rang me in the middle of November and said they will take me on it.

I didn't start until February as I didn't want to work in the cold and shite weather. Got the gaball scratched down then had to pull off because they were waiting for Windows to be fitted.

They rang me 2 weeks ago saying Windows have been fitted and there ready for me to start.

Ok I said well I'm busy at the moment and to be honest I have no idea when I can get to you. But I'll pop over on a Monday morning and see where were at and sort a date with you.....

Went there yesturday morning and had a chat. Facias still all need ripping off and replacing before I start the front and back. So theres ones thing.

Oh I said do.you want me to organise the scaffold for front and back? As that still isn't there....... ah she said about that........ we spoke to our neighbour he said he s happy for you to use his ally tower.

I laughed but she wasn't joking. I said no way am I lugging around sand cement trying to balance 10 foot up on top a tower. It will take me twice as long and if I fall off I wont be able to work. So no.

She followed by saying can you just give it a go and see how you get on. Nope no chance I said. It'll be a disaster for the sake of £500/£800 You could potentially put me in hospital or have yourselfs a shite job.

Good lad!!!

Stick to your guns mate your 100% correct!!!

I had similar happen a couple of years back!
Bloke trying to get me to render his new build off a tower, when the ground all around the house was like a scene from the Somme.

Don't blame you mate, honestly some people crack me up, they don't really care as they aren't the ones who's going to fall off a tower.

You done the best thing you could have done and if they really want it done and a quality job then they will call you or get someone to do it off a tower and get a s**t job done!

The job I'm on now the guy asked if I was going to use a tower or did I want him to organise scaffolding, I said scaffolding as it's much safer and can work better of it. Was organised that the scaffolding would be up for when I got there and BOOM it was there :fuckyou:

Some times I really feel like punching potential customers right in the c**t

On a job once they wanted me to do it of a ladder . Got a team of polish to put a scaffold up . Me fatha said your not you g up that thing are you. I said yeah and you are lol