What plaster to use

Members online

No members online now.

k2lu

Hi what's the best solution. Half the plaster on my internal wall in the dining room as gone bad all the salts have come out throughout the winter. It's attracting more damp from the atmosphere as the salts do. I'm knocking all the plaster off up to 1.5 high and starting again. It's normall gypsum plaster as far as I'm aware.
The kitchen is connected to the dining room with no doors so the moisture out of the kitchen is going into dining and condensing on the this part of the wall. So there's a bit of a condensation issue probably down to lack of ventilation. I put a vent in the worse part and it had made no difference so far. But had to block it up for a bit in the winter as cold air was just coming in. So before I start the ventilation problem while its summer and I can have the windows open I need to sort the plaster.
What do I put back on the wall?
The wall is a cavity wall and there's no rising damp. I have been trying to do a bit of research but not sure what is best.
Normal plaster and rendering plaster with not let the bricks breath
Lime plaster will help the wall breath but not sure I can do half normal plaster on top half and lime bottom half think it will all need doing in lime. Plus we are planning to put the kitchen in this room. So top half could end up being covered in tiles which will seal it in anyway. It's getting the right solution for behind units as the would be no tiles there. Any advice would be great thanks.

think its a ventilation problem. insulation board i think is the way to go to try and rise thermal temp of the wall.
oh by the way how do you edit your name on here