Where is the new plasters

Members online

Donzo

More than a year ago on this forum BG said it had new stuff that it was in the works with. Where is it. I aint even seen bonding 60,,, though to be honest i can set bonding quicker if you know how so don't need it.point im making is in over 30 years we must have had a hand full, if that. of new plasters.
Our industry is behind other trades in my opinion.

I think the new materials are unlikely to be gypsum based as gypsum products are poor when it comes to environmental impact. So it's unlikely that BG would be involved, and as they (pretty much) have a monopoly there's not much opportunity for anyone else to bring out an affordable product.

Similar scenario to fossil fuels and 'green' energy IMHO.

More than a year ago on this forum BG said it had new stuff that it was in the works with. Where is it. I aint even seen bonding 60,,, though to be honest i can set bonding quicker if you know how so don't need it.point im making is in over 30 years we must have had a hand full, if that. of new plasters.
Our industry is behind other trades in my opinion.
If you go to a BG event they give gear away, not that I had any offers them. If you want to see other mats, have a gander on the continent, completely different materials and prices, you'll struggle to get skim for a fiver

Uni finish is really the only one i have seen that's new in 30 years,
And you know what most guys think about that.

Uni finish is really the only one i have seen that's new in 30 years,
And you know what most guys think about that.

Do we, please remind us lol. I've not seen a bag of this on the shelves for months has it been pulled ?

Noticed b and q are now selling browning. Maybe carlite finish will make return that might be interesting . Agreed uni can do one. Multi can join uni in the pits aswell.

Do we, please remind us lol. I've not seen a bag of this on the shelves for months has it been pulled ?
Oh yes its still around gps,though bonding 60 is more elusive.
Bq stock it but only the branches that would trial it.

They have been giving pallets of unifinish out to plasterers on the scheme to trial and guess who bagged himself some?

And it wasn't me lol

Noticed b and q are now selling browning. Maybe carlite finish will make return that might be interesting . Agreed uni can do one. Multi can join uni in the pits aswell.

They had a pallet of browning last week in b&q stevenage for 1p a bag lol, and they still struggled shifting them

A guy told me last week,the poles use that knauf finish in the local authority he works with.
Never used it.

Is it not a good paint finish
Never painted it myself. Its just a bit of an odd ball plaster with a weird finishing process. I cam only say its sort of half way between lime and gypsum. I wont use it myself anymore like one coat plaster just odd. guess a few get on well with it.

Never painted it myself. Its just a bit of an odd ball plaster with a weird finishing process. I cam only say its sort of half way between lime and gypsum. I wont use it myself anymore like one coat plaster just odd. guess a few get on well with it.
And as far as i am aware the pols prefer sanding back over troweling up.

Donzo all the new ones can be ordered in to your local merchants mate, I'd say try the pure finish, dura the bonding 60 can be ordered in to but doubt you want that by the sounds of it, it's one thing that bugs me to bits tbh honest that there is like a stand off between the merchants getting the new products in unless they are ordered and asked for but that's how it is ,
Pure finish £7.50 ish a bag
Dura £15 ish a bag
Unifinish £8-£10

All 3 absolutely piss all over the other finishes as they are modified formulas and lovely to use

Pure is the nuts but I haven't tried it on an overskim yet , just boards. Anyone used on an overskim ? Views ?
There is a few who have been getting through pallets ordered now they all saying the same tbh, only seen one say he had a 60 minute set with it for some reason on over skim but besides that most say the same as you
Me personally think it's 3rd best available but still loads better than board or multi

60 min set would be ideal. I spoke to a lad called Craig ??? Top guy, BG , he said they're going to start Pure deliveries to central hubs soon, would help massively. No one needs a full pallet on domestic

There is a few who have been getting through pallets ordered now they all saying the same tbh, only seen one say he had a 60 minute set with it for some reason on over skim but besides that most say the same as you
Me personally think it's 3rd best available but still loads better than board or multi
I would like to try that pure finish.
Have you used that on PVA skims Vince.
Anyone know of a stockist in Glasgow.
@bg

I've not tried pure finish, bonding 60 what's the point lol.

Be warned folks the very same people who said uni was a game changer, the best plaster out there, are now saying these new products are brilliant

Make of this what you will.

I would like to try that pure finish.
Have you used that on PVA skims Vince.
Anyone know of a stockist in Glasgow.
@bg
Yes mate , no problem,
Bg say you can order at any merchants you just have to ask for it , tbh I think even can get it with scheduled delivery at bandq too same as if you wanted an bag of magnetic or two

Yes mate , no problem,
Bg say you can order at any merchants you just have to ask for it , tbh I think even can get it with scheduled delivery at bandq too same as if you wanted an bag of magnetic or two
Cheers Vince,,,emailed BG before 8am,,,they replied back there,,,saying ccf and Travis stock it.

I've not tried pure finish, bonding 60 what's the point lol.

Be warned folks the very same people who said uni was a game changer, the best plaster out there, are now saying these new products are brilliant

Make of this what you will.
Yes GPS,,,i like to trial stuff then see what i think. hated uni and kept trying until it now saves me time,,,though i use it only as base skim.will give pure finish a belt.

Cheers Vince,,,emailed BG before 8am,,,they replied back there,,,saying ccf and Travis stock it.
Sound , was thinking there is the vimark gb1 too, tried some and that's nice gear you could try out and then there's always the knauf roll on stuff too but maybe best to let @gps try that if you know what I mean :aburrido:

Sound , was thinking there is the vimark gb1 too, tried some and that's nice gear you could try out and then there's always the knauf roll on stuff too but maybe best to let @gps try that if you know what I mean :aburrido:
Seen that knauf roll on,, whats that gear about.:whistle: vimark,,,cost of that expensive ?

I've got half a pallet of uni to work thru. I tried it a few years ago and never liked it. It feels a lot different now much smoother than multi. Used over boards today to give a fair comparison and the only negative with uni would be the price. Bring that down to around £7 and id defo buy it over multi

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In January we launched Bonding 60; a quick-setting undercoat specifically designed for patching that not only offers reduced set-time, but also reduced cracking, shrinkage and overall risk in patching jobs. Feedback from those that have used the product has been very positive, but as you’ll appreciate, getting the material stocked in merchants takes time. Bonding 60 is now listed and stocked in over 200 branches of Jewson, Travis Perkins, SELCO, Wickes, CCF plus many independents, and the list is growing week by week. We suggest checking for a branch on this list, or contacting us directly with a preferred merchant branch so we can discuss directly with them on your behalf. Looking forward, we are actively working on plaster development not only in terms of new products, but also in terms of better demonstrating the benefits and stocking availability of PureFinish, UniFinish and DuraFinish – with active trials currently under way, gaining feedback from plasterers on the job using these materials and pushing their limits. Thanks, the BG team.

In January we launched Bonding 60; a quick-setting undercoat specifically designed for patching that not only offers reduced set-time, but also reduced cracking, shrinkage and overall risk in patching jobs. Feedback from those that have used the product has been very positive, but as you’ll appreciate, getting the material stocked in merchants takes time. Bonding 60 is now listed and stocked in over 200 branches of Jewson, Travis Perkins, SELCO, Wickes, CCF plus many independents, and the list is growing week by week. We suggest checking for a branch on this list, or contacting us directly with a preferred merchant branch so we can discuss directly with them on your behalf. Looking forward, we are actively working on plaster development not only in terms of new products, but also in terms of better demonstrating the benefits and stocking availability of PureFinish, UniFinish and DuraFinish – with active trials currently under way, gaining feedback from plasterers on the job using these materials and pushing their limits. Thanks, the BG team.

Is there anyway of have low dust technology like Weber have with their self level? Or is that because it's cement based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, and I'm not saying this to be difficult, there isn't a single new product listed in your post. They're all tweaks to existing materials to change set times or adhesion which people have been doing with 'home brew' methods for years.