Where is the new plasters

Members online

No members online now.
Promoting I think you mean

Yeah, which really isn't a problem surely? Radio, TV, this forum, Twitter, Facebook, people's polo shirts, every sports event, the side of my van, they're all promoting something or other. No one's forced to buy stuff, or agree it's good/better.

Product placement and promotion isn't close to the top of the irritating bollox that appears here. Personally the "what bucket/trowel/van/trousers should I buy ..." threads are far more irritating. Easy to avoid though.

Really ? Passionate maybe, but his promotional activities for bg are shameless at best, it's all total BS
As you always say gordy boy...if you don't like it... Dont read it....
That was your mantra with the politics threads.

As you always say gordy boy...if you don't like it... Dont read it....
That was your mantra with the politics threads.

Correct, but vincey and his crew had it removed.

I'm pointing out to others his position and failed past, his posts should carry a disclaimer.

Yeah, which really isn't a problem surely? Radio, TV, this forum, Twitter, Facebook, people's polo shirts, every sports event, the side of my van, they're all promoting something or other. No one's forced to buy stuff, or agree it's good/better.

Product placement and promotion isn't close to the top of the irritating bollox that appears here. Personally the "what bucket/trowel/van/trousers should I buy ..." threads are far more irritating. Easy to avoid though.

Correct not a problem, but then there cannot be an issue with questioning these promotions can there ? And pointing out it's promotors failed past.

Why does anyone take Vinceny seriously (TBH) "see previous postings".Does he really believe that any time served,professional self employed plasterer could stand listening more than 2 mins to his boring conversations face to face about new wonder plasters,most people would look at the bag,read the instructions ,mix it up,put it onto a wall or ceiling and then say ok I've done that what's next,it's frocking boring plastering,your looking at walls or ceilings all day.most of my day is spent thinking about getting my bike out,giving money to the kids and laughing at T***s like him who try to make plastering interesting,it pays the bills that's it,back to you TBH t**t.

Correct not a problem, but then there cannot be an issue with questioning these promotions can there ? And pointing out it's promotors failed past.

On the one hand, by your own logic that makes your posts as "pathetic" and "BS" as his. On the other hand, your posts calling his are pointless as you say there's no problem. Even your "questioning these promotions" doesn't really stack up. Why is the promoting that @Vincey does any more or less valid than the promotional banners and ads all over the forum?

Whatever way you slice it I can't see why you do it? It looks like you have some personal dislike for him, which is fair enough if that's the case, but then just say so and move on.

On the one hand, by your own logic that makes your posts as "pathetic" and "BS" as his. On the other hand, your posts calling his are pointless as you say there's no problem. Even your "questioning these promotions" doesn't really stack up. Why is the promoting that @Vincey does any more or less valid than the promotional banners and ads all over the forum?

Whatever way you slice it I can't see why you do it? It looks like you have some personal dislike for him, which is fair enough if that's the case, but then just say so and move on.

Ok let's get one thing clear and out in the open, I have no issue with Vincey whatsoever, I'd go as far to say if we met we would get on just fine and dandy.

You ask why I do it, why does he do it ?
If bullshit gets posted up then it should be pointed out.
And the difference between him and advertisers etc they are up front about it.

Ok let's get one thing clear and out in the open, I have no issue with Vincey whatsoever, I'd go as far to say if we met we would get on just fine and dandy.

You ask why I do it, why does he do it ?
If bullshit gets posted up then it should be pointed out.
And the difference between him and advertisers etc they are up front about it.
I reckon if you met vincey face to face he'd rip your head off

I remember when gordyboy used to get flustered when people used to ask about nela trowels:LOL:....
Every post was a plant/fake..from one stop:risas:

Is the forum not all about personal opinions. Vincey has his and if it works for him good.we cant agree all the time guys.
I think he is is a decent chap.

Nothing wrong with thinking that some plasters are crap and not needed but surely that decision should be left with your customers when you give them the option.

Nothing wrong with thinking that some plasters are crap and not needed but surely that decision should be left with your customers when you give them the option.

So a customer wants a room re skimming, how many plasterers would go through a list of available finishing plasters and how many customers would actually give a s**t and think I just want my room skimmed ?

So a customer wants a room re skimming, how many plasterers would go through a list of available finishing plasters and how many customers would actually give a s**t and think I just want my room skimmed ?
It all depends how many you ask surely. They don't know about different plasters and by talking to them and giving them the option. They might choose you to do the job based on your knowledge. Always worked for me when I was self employed anyway

It all depends how many you ask surely. They don't know about different plasters and by talking to them and giving them the option. They might choose you to do the job based on your knowledge. Always worked for me when I was self employed anyway

I would hazard a guess neither do they want to know, rendering different altogether, skimming do me a favour lol

Why do all these new products have to cost twice what they are trying to replace?
Materials are the biggest killer for me ... Just about everytime I walk out of the merchants I sigh and say "FFS"!

No way in this world will I pay double for a nicer finish, faster set or No PVA needed alternative, when I have 30 years of tricks up my sleeve to get the job done, approved and paid up.

That is spot on, when I price a job I make them aware of new products especially magnetic plaster. I've not used this new gear but would recommend it on certain jobs to certain clients who I think would go for it. Most jobs I look at involve plastering so I go through the options and never recommend dabbing everything which a lot of skimmers do. Each job is different I look at but if I think for a minute they could have magnetic i.e. Any room in the house :) and everyone has not heard of it and even if they don't have it, they are talking about it. Your not gonna sell a special finish to most people but it has its place. To be fair to @Vincey he hasn't really done his usual bullshit claims and has explained the gear quite well :) it won't last hahahahahahahah.

Why do all these new products have to cost twice what they are trying to replace?
Materials are the biggest killer for me ... Just about everytime I walk out of the merchants I sigh and say "FFS"!

No way in this world will I pay double for a nicer finish, faster set or No PVA needed alternative, when I have 30 years of tricks up my sleeve to get the job done, approved and paid up.
Mate I was on about Thistle pure finish before Gordon and his mate Andy joined in ,

It's only £7.50 a bag , the others I mentioned were vimark gb1 £10 ish a bag

Mate I was on about Thistle pure finish before Gordon and his mate Andy joined in ,

I have no idea who andy is, I suspect a fake account though.

If this finish is a better finish,to multi etc,,, its a pity we all cant access it,dont mind paying extra if its superior including voc. The only way we can test it if the stockists had it readily available. And they dont.

If this finish is a better finish,to multi etc,,, its a pity we all cant access it,dont mind paying extra if its superior including voc. The only way we can test it if the stockists had it readily available. And they dont.
Mate it's been said that small quantities will be able to be obtained soon I don't know exactly when that will be tbh , send them another email see what they say about getting it , failing that there is quite a few that have just ordered a pallet now but obviously storing it might be an issue having said that I prefer to order pallet as it's always wrapped and it don't take long to get through depending on work schedule

Mate it's been said that small quantities will be able to be obtained soon I don't know exactly when that will be tbh , send them another email see what they say about getting it , failing that there is quite a few that have just ordered a pallet now but obviously storing it might be an issue having said that I prefer to order pallet as it's always wrapped and it don't take long to get through depending on work schedule
Vince bg contacted me,,,,, too much hassle ,they said they can contact a stockist see if they will get pallet in. Then i would need to contact stockist see if they will sell me a few bags,,,,i aint paying a premium for a few bags, not worth the hassle to me. New plasters out there but pretty much not on shelves.

They trying to up the prices I reckon, have a look at the prices on the continent or even Ireland, you won't get a bag of skim for a fiver

o_O Irony, keeping the internet busy since 1990.

Have I said Vinceys posts should be hidden ?

Alls I do is point out to others he is a bg promoter as is correct thus giving people the knowledge his posts are somewhat biased