window cills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnk

There is a big issue in Ireland regarding window cill replacement with EWI systems.People dont like the idea of using metal for reasons such as sound,easy damage,appearance and so on.The other solution is to stick a false nosing on and render.This i definitly disagree with as you cant plaster a flat surface to shed water away other from a building, otherwise we would be plastering roofs plus you created a joint were the nose meets the flat surface.What mainly used in the UK and is there any concerns for people.

I make the sills these days to replicate what was there if I can. As long as there's a fall on top and it's well coated you'll be fine. Plaster them in 1mm gear. They look mint. Can be painted any colour too. I've just applied 250m of paraguard and I'd say a small tub of that kept for sills is a good plan. Water just beads off. Far better than an overclad situation. Another option is the silica/sandy Parex spray stone. Especially if you've got a window profile, the whole thing can be sprayed to mimic sandstone contrasting with the walls. Lots of possibilities.

Yes John, I'm fortunate to have a bit of a run of private ewi jobs. Nice work. Forget social housing apathy & greed, I'd sooner skim all day long and I ******* hate that after a week!

Yes John, I'm fortunate to have a bit of a run of private ewi jobs. Nice work. Forget social housing apathy & greed, I'd sooner skim all day long and I ******* hate that after a week!

yep same here, I search hi and low for my privates before I take commercials nowdays. getting paid upon completion is really wierd. Guys you should try it

Status
Not open for further replies.