1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Work radio

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Forum Tool Talk' started by PLASDUA, Jul 15, 2017.

1. PLASDUA

PLASDUA Member

Hi guys

The work radio i had been using has unfortunately died and is no longer being sold. It was a DAB one from Aldi looked like dewalt. Anyway does anyone know of any good value DAB radios that aren't too expensive? Cheers

2. gps

gps Private Member

The dewalt tough system is a beauty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

I was looking into getting the dewalt tough system one, got some wicked reviews, sounds awesome and you can charge your phone in a little compartment that keeps it safe and the dust and dirt out so it's a win win lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

I'm happy with my makita dab, but annoyingly you can't always tune into the digital stations

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Topspread16

Topspread16 Member

Anybody tried the festool dab one out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

My mate has the festool one and said it's worked fine but haven't seen it in person or used it.

7. Topspread16

Topspread16 Member

Is he a spread? Nothing seems to last long in our game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gps

gps Private Member

I had one and it just died on me probably was only just over a year old, so I wasn't buying another from them

• Like Like x 1
  9. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

He actually isn't mate and know what you mean everything we touch is always covered in s**t :LOL:! I only wanted to go for the dewalt one as all my other tools are dewalt and will stack on my other tough system boxes.

And when I looked it up it looks like it can stand up to a lot, bit more pricey than the others but seems to be the one for me IMO.

10. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

I've seen too many makita ones die in not long at all but obviously it may just be a case of "luck of the draw" just like anything you buy but never really been much of a makita man anyway.

11. Topspread16

Topspread16 Member

Gone through about 4 makita ones, last about 2yr. Just changed to festool auto-feed and drywall gun, but the radios don't look as tough as other makes. Think there about £150 to. Mates have the dewalt ones they look decent.

12. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

Yeah must admit they don't look as tough at all and look like they wouldn't last long. I could be wrong as I am with most stuff "the mrs ses" but I don't agree lol.

The dewalt one is around £180 so I think could be worth that little extra money, the quality of sound on them is great and they do with stand a little bit of water from a review I see on YouTube when they tested it in the rain.

13. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to buying something new I look at reviews ect ect for at least a month and then finally go with what was probably my first choice anyway. But I like to be sure when I'm buying something new as parting with your hard earned cash you want the most out of what you buying.

14. choppa

choppa Active Member

I just listen to the voices in my head all day.

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. owls

owls Private Member

Most important tool of the trade a decent radio, we have a couple of them dewalt ones there bullet proof , been dropped dozens of times etc and I can still get radio 2 loud and clear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

No I understand that, you should expect more than a year out of it. Makita used to do a 3 year warranty if you registered the product on their website.

17. bobski

bobski Active Member

18. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

That's a beast looks like a good one!

19. bobski

bobski Active Member

It booms.

Smashes the makitas

20. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

I bet it does! Still drawn towards the dewalt tho

21. zolco

zolco Private Member

I'd get the festool dab radio, they small handy little things. I have a metabo ghetto blaster, need a fork lift truck to move the b*****d and the dewalt even bigger

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

Fork lift truck made me laugh :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. zolco

zolco Private Member

I'm not kidding, @jamesthefirst has a metabo too, but the small one 10.8v I think they handy little things

24. clarkie

clarkie Active Member

Asda smart price £7

Upgraded to a bosch when my lad got one free for coming in the top 5 in jewson young tradesperson award runs off the 18v drill battery we have aswell as mains. Not a dab though but sweet as for f@@k all

25. PlasteRightUK

PlasteRightUK Member

Just looked it up and that's a big fucker!

26. TonyM

TonyM Private Member

Is that the big £200+ fucker. Mate's got one and it's the mutts nuts. Deffo getting one.

27. gps

gps Private Member

Yes it is, and you wouldn't regret it I'm certain of that

28. TonyM

TonyM Private Member

29. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

I always had a "pure one" DAB radio :D pretty smart and cheap enough to replace

30. jamesthefirst

jamesthefirst Private Member

Yes mate its a solid little radio which i run off a 2ah battery, 4ah would be better.
    Loud sound and can play your music from your phone. Had it 2 years now.
    Not DAB though.

20170716_122212.jpg
    20170716_122223.jpg
    20170716_122257.jpg

31. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

How do I get music on my phone?...... there's no stylus and nowhere to store the records........ I think it might be too much faff. ....... I'll probably just stick to the wireless........;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  32. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

yeah I would do that :D

33. jamesthefirst

jamesthefirst Private Member

Theres a wire that you plug into your phone and then you plug the other end into your radio. Keep pressing all the buttons till you hear the nolans etc. :)

• Like Like x 1