1.5 silicon finish

Members online

jacko001

Hey fellers just finished renderering a house and just primed it ready for 1.5 silicon finish.
Most of the ereas are small so no bother having plenty of time floating over.
I have side wall 9mtsx7mts .do I have enough time to get it all on in one go.
Appreciate the advice

Attachments

• IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    791.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    777.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    638.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    532.2 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    840.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    923.1 KB · Views: 267
Cheers dann you've got me worried now.this is johnstons 1.5 mill
The rep says I've got plenty of time. I've not used the stuff before.is there any tips on slowing it down or splitting the erea to cover or leaving a thick bead to pick up .on .cheers mt

Hey fellers just finished renderering a house and just primed it ready for 1.5 silicon finish.
Most of the ereas are small so no bother having plenty of time floating over.
I have side wall 9mtsx7mts .do I have enough time to get it all on in one go.
Appreciate the advice
[/QUOTE
Cheers Rossi.
How much time will it give me cheers
It's always worth getting on it extra early in the morning before the sun warms the walls up beat the sun

Cheers Rossi.
How much time will it give me cheers
It’s definitely better off with two men but if you’re stuck. Prime it twice and I use the max amount of water recommended. Both will give you more time.
The time you get varies on too many things. Just go like your life depends on it.

Looks like ile have to get onother spread thanks for the advise fellers.much appreciated.....this stuff come in tubs 25kg in white its thick rep said add a cup or two of water.whats you opinions

Looks like ile have to get onother spread thanks for the advise fellers.much appreciated.....this stuff come in tubs 25kg in white its thick rep said add a cup or two of water.whats you opinions
I prefer it with water in. Spreads much nicer. Depends on weather though. I put very little in in winter

2 men will usually manage this wall if you set your stall out but 9m long? Thats a stretch!

If you can as soon as one man can finish the top on his own the second man will need to jump down and maintain the wet edge until the second man can jump in.

One method is to leave your joint line too thick and unfinished then when you jump down scrape off the surplus and it should still be wet underneath giving you a chance to wet on wet deal with the piecing line.

Pick a time of day in the shade and cool with no breeze.

Sound like your first attempt on a full house on your own,
you might be entered on the bad rendering competition on here

its canny thick gear. some colours are thicker than other for some bizarre reason. we use about 500-600ml of water. full silicone hangs abit longer than the silicone enhanced as well

For me silicone always justifies 2 men for top coating regardless!
That’s how I like to do it for peace of mind one scratching on and one floating behind. At least two unless it’s tiny little panels, I haven’t got much confidence doing it myself though.

I did this Friday morning me and my laborer was on it at 6 before the sun came round finished for 7:45 you have to go like f**k, I'm constantly on at the lad get on that f**k**g join, when I'm up thin coating in the morning everyone in the street's up

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_080339.jpg
    IMG_20190621_080339.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20190621_080354.jpg
    IMG_20190621_080354.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20190621_080438.jpg
    IMG_20190621_080438.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 252
If it's your 1st attempt you really could do with the athoer spread having some experience at rubbing the top coat up.

Yes it's not rocket science but like all things there a knack, my first silicone jobs were much smaller before full houses etc.

Looking back I would have struggled for sure!