15mm copper pipe + cable behind dot and dab plaste board

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

messy

I'm considering covering the internal walls of my new extension with dot and dabbed plaster board but need to enclose 15mm copper water pipes, central heating pipe work and also electrical cabling behind it. I have never done dot and dab before.When the board are press flat can the dot and dabs accomodate the thickness of the void necessary enclose pipe work?. The wall consists of thermalite type blocks. The last time I did this I used wooden lats fixed to the walls and nailed the boards to that. I have been told that dot and dab is the best solution for me but is it compatible with enclosing pipe work?:RpS_unsure:

It is possible but the pipe would have to be tight to the wall. Either chase them in if they are not already done or use lats like you said as you will probably **** the dabbing up at that tickness

Chase in the pipe enough to cover it with flat plastic electrical capping and then not only do you know that the pipe is back far enough but that it is also protected against possible corrosion caused by sticky!!! Cover the cables too. I know a lot of people dont bother but it is worth it!

Chase em in. It's not just the thickness of the pipes, you have clips and the plumb of the wall to account for.

You might find yourself having to put 40+mm dabs on, then you got to think about making the casings......

I find myself wanting to hurt plumbers that surface fix 15mm pipes...lazy tw@ts.

Status
Not open for further replies.