1930s House - wet walls

Cay

Recently moved into a 1930s house and installed floor to ceiling diy built in wardrobes in a bedroom either side of the chimney breast.

At the back of the wardrobes i found it is moist and wet after a few weeks of them being installed. I took the back of one thinking that would help but the wall behind is wet too. I have also found some mould on certain clothing items.

No vents on the windows
No vent in the actual room anywhere
No cavity in the walls
No render on the house itself

Any suggestions on best thing to do?

I don't really want to render the outside and would like to keep the wardrobes where they are.

Recently moved into a 1930s house and installed floor to ceiling diy built in wardrobes in a bedroom either side of the chimney breast.

At the back of the wardrobes i found it is moist and wet after a few weeks of them being installed. I took the back of one thinking that would help but the wall behind is wet too. I have also found some mould on certain clothing items.

No vents on the windows
No vent in the actual room anywhere
No cavity in the walls
No render on the house itself

Any suggestions on best thing to do?

I don't really want to render the outside and would like to keep the wardrobes where they are.
Change bedrooms

No just the wall behind the curtains & the back of the wardrobes.

Im wondering if the gap between the wardrobes & the wall is not deep enough/ i need to install vents at the side of the wardrobes or maybe even the wall itself. Im not sure what will fix it

Any history of sleep walking in the family? When I was a kid I once pissed in my wardrobe in my sleep
Just a thought