3000 m2 hardwall Whitham Essex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either people are interested in the work or they are not.....

The price is the price yes it may be s**t but thats it.... lots of people on here saying they cant find any work and here is someone offering it.

Skimming is just skimming its not rocket science and all the render boys make good money because there is a lot less renderers about than skimmers.

lets not get personal about it :)

i think its good offering the work on here etc, but profit margins should 20-30% mark up. and i doubt very much that skim was priced in at £3 p/m and hardwall and set at £7. id imagine its nearer £4-5 skim and £10ish hardwall labour. working on those sort of profit margins is what gets on everyones tits because people are taking advantage of the current climate when the initial rates are still there. the attitude of "someone will work for it" is a cuntish way of doing things. as far im concerned i wouldnt pay someone less than what i would work for. and i wouldnt work for £2p/m

That don't even bother me nick its the pretty picture that's painted about 800 bucks a week when in reality you get allot less than that in your hand . I am only offering my opinion based on hard facts of working in this game for 20 years.
I don't care if RS is making loads of profit its the who think they can make money out of it that my advise is aimed at. Did they ever earn 800 a week on better rates ?

Only when you have given it a try and realised that it was crap and a waste of time for little money will you then start to see how it really is and then will start given the same advice i am. !

My missus works for £6.50 an hour... now that is s**t... but she has been a receptionist most of her life and the work is easy for her so any experienced spread who hasnt got any work on should be happy to clear £400 - £500 a week after tax as its better than nowt, i have in the past had to take work on simply to pay mortgage and put food in the bairns mouths... but i suppose if people prefer to sit on their arses then so be it... end of

it is better than nothing but u shouldnt take the piss on prices. its just taking advantage of people. its people doing things like u that is keeping prices desperate for subbys. and all the while u earn the same if not better than before. its not on in my opinion

400 hundred a week i just had a heart attack and a fell off my chair has it really got that bad i get that on the dole over here

even in the good times plastering contractors prices were 4.95 supply and fix to skim ceilings 4.50 walls and float and set 10.00 tops i bet steve has had to go a lot lower than that ive heard of firms going in at 3.00m2 supply and fix for skim ive been offered 8.00m2 for mono before

ive heard of some dross prices flying about and have also been offered some shite supply and fix contracts,so i know first hand were the guy is coming from.

as said it is what it is
if you need the money get your boots on if you dont need it then thats ok but i know a spread that is on £85 per day
just too keep food on the table and thats life i gess better then the balifs on your door step
think of it no job no home no misiss or kids as thay have left you
all you got is a crack pipe and your on the rob for your next fix
getting your head down in a shop door
nope sorry not for me ill stay on the trawel till i die lol

blones stop fcuking moaning you cant do nothing without a pump your a hasbeen now fcuk off

all i no is i no guys on big jobs, not far short of this size, supply and fix hardwall and set £14p/m

also no another job at £6 all in skim. again a few thousand meters.

thats taking the mf and boarding aswell

you make a valid point nick,

but ive seen it first hand,i got offered 11,000 metres at the start of feb at 3.50 skim supply and fix,ive also recently been offered shite rates for mono supply and fix not quite 8 quid but not far north of that.all of which were turned down.due to not making much of a return on them rates and having enough work already on at present.

i personally know of some big boys working at break even point on some of there contracts at present,just to get there turn over up etc that includes one of the biggest plastering and dry lining firms in the uk, who may go to the wall in the summer.

this is why i dont touch internal site work anymore,there isnt the money there that there once was.

i personally know of some big boys working at break even point on some of there contracts at present,just to get there turn over up etc that includes one of the biggest plastering and dry lining firms in the uk, who may go to the wall in the summer.

That's why they can see they may go to the wall owl. They are working for poor money, struggling to get decent tradesmen, and slowly making a loss on each job. They are leaking money and cant last for ever all because they are working to cheap.
Don't be fooled by the "mirage" that anyones making money these days. Some like to make it look like they have an easy time earning loads and its bullshit

It is the attitude that the rates are bad lets work for them that is keeping things the way they are. There are other things you can do with less costs for £400 a week than slamming loads of skimming on.

steve, all be it is one word and should be spelt albeit when used in the context that you are using. Your spelling is getting as bad as donimos

Spot the obvious mistake in my post did you? Ha! Thought I had tripped up there didn't you

Status
Not open for further replies.