75mm floor screed,dried out quickly because of underfloor heating turned on

Members online

gary

hi all......75mm floor screed layed,and the customer switched the underfloor heating on after two weeks of laying, and I'm led to believe he had it on as hot as possible!! it was white , whats going to be the outcome of the floor , my guess its just going to crumble, anybody had any similar cases?

Floor screed dries at one mm per day it looks dry because sand and cement goes off from the top back unlike hard wall etc which dry from the back to the top. So don’t worry whatever happens is not your fault but I suspect it will be okay personally just don’t break the surface

hi all......75mm floor screed layed,and the customer switched the underfloor heating on after two weeks of laying, and I'm led to believe he had it on as hot as possible!! it was white , whats going to be the outcome of the floor , my guess its just going to crumble, anybody had any similar cases?

Don't you just hate customer's...

Obviously the wife has moaned to the husband about the room not being ready now bla bla and he has crumbled lol

Screed may be friable and may crack but can be repaired so no need to dig out or anything like that.