A house of two halves?

Members online

No members online now.

SMin

Hi, I’m very much a newbie to this forum, so please be as candid as you need to. Just had Weber pral.m monocouche applied to my house. The back of the house (2 weeks post application) looks to have settled (be settling?) as different shades of the same colour (chalk). I’m otherwise happy with the rest of the job but aren’t sure if these 2 colours will settle to be the same. The left half was applied during the hot sun of a few weeks ago and by the time the second half was applied, it was less sunny and even a couple of spells of rain came down. Am I jumping the gun or will the colours get closer as time wears on? If not, is there a suitable fix other than take it off and start that side again? Or will it be impossible to arrive at the same colour now? Thanks
F61F17C2-58B7-4E9C-8593-B8A6CD892266.png
F61F17C2-58B7-4E9C-8593-B8A6CD892266.png

If you open (finish) scraped renders when damp or wet you will get a stronger colour, it’s usually more prevalent in darker colours ie blues, greys and reds

In drier condition hot and sunny you get the opposite effect.

It’s not ideal and a little more care should have been taken but I’d leave it for a couple more weeks just to see if it settles down.

A way round it would be to paint both panels, rendit based at Doncaster can help and maybe Weber could help if you contacted them. I don’t use much Weber so don’t really know what products they have.

You would be better doing both panels as then you would achieve a uniform colour across both as opposed trying to match 1 up to the other.

Taking off and re-applying seems drastic unless there are problems with the texture but from the photos it looks more than acceptable.

Your applicator has been a little naive and unlucky by the looks of it.

More unlucky.

Finishing in a heat wave will give you a drier surface when finishing. Dry surfaces dry lighter.

Finish some other time when it is cooler and damper it will dry darker.

Hard to get it right due to different weather change on a daily basis. So hard to point the blame on one person. Easier if the first wall is on a cold day you wont wait too long for another this summer excepted. But to wait for another hot day you could be waiting months.

Leave a bit longer then if you want something doing about it contact Rendit.

More unlucky.

Finishing in a heat wave will give you a drier surface when finishing. Dry surfaces dry lighter.

Finish some other time when it is cooler and damper it will dry darker.

Hard to get it right due to different weather change on a daily basis. So hard to point the blame on one person. Easier if the first wall is on a cold day you wont wait too long for another this summer excepted. But to wait for another hot day you could be waiting months.

Leave a bit longer then if you want something doing about it contact Rendit.
Rigsby is they nothing u do not no ,you are better than Google, in fact did u invent it

If you open (finish) scraped renders when damp or wet you will get a stronger colour, it’s usually more prevalent in darker colours ie blues, greys and reds

In drier condition hot and sunny you get the opposite effect.

It’s not ideal and a little more care should have been taken but I’d leave it for a couple more weeks just to see if it settles down.

A way round it would be to paint both panels, rendit based at Doncaster can help and maybe Weber could help if you contacted them. I don’t use much Weber so don’t really know what products they have.

You would be better doing both panels as then you would achieve a uniform colour across both as opposed trying to match 1 up to the other.

Taking off and re-applying seems drastic unless there are problems with the texture but from the photos it looks more than acceptable.

Your applicator has been a little naive and unlucky by the looks of it.

Thanks for your helpful comments. I'll give it a little more time but don't expect the colours will quite get there. Will look at rendit in the meantime.

Hi, I’m very much a newbie to this forum, so please be as candid as you need to. Just had Weber pral.m monocouche applied to my house. The back of the house (2 weeks post application) looks to have settled (be settling?) as different shades of the same colour (chalk). I’m otherwise happy with the rest of the job but aren’t sure if these 2 colours will settle to be the same. The left half was applied during the hot sun of a few weeks ago and by the time the second half was applied, it was less sunny and even a couple of spells of rain came down. Am I jumping the gun or will the colours get closer as time wears on? If not, is there a suitable fix other than take it off and start that side again? Or will it be impossible to arrive at the same colour now? ThanksView attachment 26373View attachment 26373
U can say that again is it 2 semi s

Sadly not two semis....not really the outcome I was looking for and not sure how to remedy from here.
Your only remedy is to paint both panels mate !
It’s never a good to render mono on a facade in two half’s

Just leave it. Even if the render was on the same day with a few hours between, you’ll get that difference. It will ne ok with the time, no need of paint as this will change the finish completely. Take another picture in 3-4 weeks and compare it . Weather will wear it down.

OP give it a year or two it will be filthy and your eye won't be drawn to the colour difference (y)

contact rendit for an equalising paint.

OP give it a year or two it will be filthy and your eye won't be drawn to the colour difference (y)

contact rendit for an equalising paint.

Apply their paint or Parex’s and if you do it right it will not look painted. It comes thick and needs watering down. Too thick and it will look painted.

Just leave it. Even if the render was on the same day with a few hours between, you’ll get that difference. It will ne ok with the time, no need of paint as this will change the finish completely. Take another picture in 3-4 weeks and compare it . Weather will wear it down.
If that was applied same day you would not see a difference

Mono is a great system ! Just follow the simple guidelines!
Tend to agree,
It's applicator error that's usually the issue.
Like most things, if you use it all the time and do good volume with it,you learn all the traits with it.
It's just the great British weather you can't account for, charge good money for it though and it covers you.

why's that Danny?

it ages badly especially down by the coast...

also many people who apply it really should just stick to skimming.

I watched a renderer today working on the building next to us today... gaps between his beads were comical and although it rubbed up nice it still looked shite.

When it does crack it is hard to patch and hide... give me bricks and mortar any day of the week

I watched a renderer today working on the building next to us today... gaps between his beads were comical and although it rubbed up nice it still looked shite.

When it does crack it is hard to patch and hide... give me bricks and mortar any day of the week
Hi pal hope your well ?

Rendering to coastal areas need a special spec high poly base coat and silicon sealer

Bad tradesmen give rendering a bad rep which is not great

And it’s not the render that cracks if applied correctly it’s always the substrate so would crack the bricks too pal

E955492E-ABAF-4F40-A4CC-9D216931E9DE.gif